Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Poisoned and downed (0 hit points) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sir Gaulen de Loria
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi again. I know, i know that i'm asking a lot. Please bear with me as i'm trying to understand all the lacks of this great game.

Suppose a hero is poisoned, only 1 HP left and try to open a door that has a trap. Immediately takes 1 damage and is downed. Should he roll for the poisoned condition at the end of his hero phase this turn or downed heroes don't roll for conditions until they're up again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't cite a rule right now, but if I remember correctly, a knocked out hero removes all conditions.

I didn't remember correctly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Gaulen de Loria
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
As per the rulebook and other threads, conditions still apply to a hero when he is downed, so my first question remains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 8:

Quote:
✦ If your Hero is Poisoned, he or she takes 1 damage at the beginning of your Hero Phase. Take this damage before using any Treasure Cards and before checking to see if you must spend a Healing Surge.

✦ At the end of your Hero Phase, roll the die. If your result is 10 or higher, discard the Poisoned marker.

No exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Gaulen de Loria
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Trevin. So the thing is that while i'm downed I still roll for conditions at the end of my hero phase if the situation arises, is that what you meant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you still roll to try and rid the character of the Poison... if you are still poisoned, you'll suffer a point of damage after using the Healing Surge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eat2surf wrote:
Yes, you still roll to try and rid the character of the Poison... if you are still poisoned, you'll suffer a point of damage after using the Healing Surge.

No, you read that wrong. “Take this damage … before checking to see if you must spend a Healing Surge.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin wrote:
Eat2surf wrote:

No, you read that wrong. “Take this damage … before checking to see if you must spend a Healing Surge.”

cry Did that wrong too. Probably didn't matter; still probably would have gotten my butt kicked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.