mbmbmbmb
The Build:

Strike Force (5pts)

Gor Portas (26pts)
Gul Dukat (5pts)
Photon Torpedos (5pts)
Photon Torpedos (5pts)
Boheeka (2pts)

Kraxon with Independant Flagship 3 (36pts)
Jean-Luc Picard (7pts)
-Counterstrike (4pts)
Konmel (4pts)

Actions:
Gor Portas
-Standard Action
-Dukat Action (Evade or Battle Stations)
-Flagship action (Target Lock, Evade, or Scan)
-Strike Force Action* (Target Lock, Evade, or Scan)

Kraxon
-Standard Action
-Picard Action (Target Lock, Battle Stations, Evade, Scan)
-Free Evade Action
-Strike Force Action*

*Only one of the ships will get this each turn.

The idea here is to hit play aggressively and start attacking turn 1. The Portas should be able to target lock turn 1, and get a bunch of tokens to make sure each attack is as lethal as possible. No matter which ship gets attack, Counterstrike will ensure that I get to throw out a lot of attacks at 5 dice. At least until the Kraxon bites the dust. The reason I chose the Portas over the Koranak because it's got a little more staying power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Gor Portas, there shouldn't be a need to run 2 Photon Torpedos. Each turn Dukat lets you Battlestations for free, and you can enable with your ship action. That leaves you able to shoot the same Torpedo each round, and gives you 5 points to use elsewhere. I'd either throw the Energy Dissipator on the Gor Portas or Anti-Proton Scan on the Kraxon.

I do like Konmel on the Kraxon, that's a great use for him, though you're only going to be able to activate Konmel or Counterstrike each turn because Picard's actions are limited to his card and the Strike Force action is restricted to the ship's action bar. Nothing wrong with that though, use Counterstrike whenever someone is going to get shot, then get out of range and use Konmel to repair a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
With the Gor Portas, there shouldn't be a need to run 2 Photon Torpedos. Each turn Dukat lets you Battlestations for free, and you can enable with your ship action. That leaves you able to shoot the same Torpedo each round, and gives you 5 points to use elsewhere. I'd either throw the Energy Dissipator on the Gor Portas or Anti-Proton Scan on the Kraxon.

Having deployed the ED in every game so far, I think it's a trap and a waste of points. The range limit means I need to be sitting on top of my opponent, which means that, assuming I'm even able to hit him, even though I know exactly where he's going to be next turn, he'll probably be out of my firing arc. Likewise, I've been running multiple torpedos on the Portas for awhile now, and the five points spent on a second set pays off nicely in the first few turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Townsend
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
I ran a 2 ship build last night at a Month 1 event (really late running, but fun!)

Koranak
-Gul Dukat
--Boheeka
--Dorsal Weapons Array
--Anti Proton Scan
--In'Cha

Kraxon
-Martok (8)
--Alexander
--Dorsal Weapons Array
--Anti Proton Scan
--In'Cha

Elite Attack Die

I was able to destroy a ship on turn 1 of 2 different games, and was almost always behind my opponents ships on turn 2.

Move 5 and Scan/Battle Stations with Dukat
Move 5 with Martok
Martok Grants action to Dukat who uses In'Cha to get next to/behind an opponent.
Martok does In'Cha to get next to/behind opponent.

Martok rolls 4/5 dice
Dukat rolls 5/6/7 Dice depending on target ship type (5 standard, +1 at range 1, +1 if the target ship is cloaked, or I stripped all shields from it with Martok). Use the EAD here. Boheeka turns one blank to a hit. Battle Station token spend turns the BS rolls to hits.

It was quite ugly, and caught many people off guard that I was able to get behind them right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in the original post, are you purposely only spending 95 points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Townsend
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:

He forgot to post Konmel's points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
General_Drazz wrote:
delta_angelfire wrote:

He forgot to post Konmel's points

Whoops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonas Albrecht wrote:
mathguy6189 wrote:

Having deployed the ED in every game so far, I think it's a trap and a waste of points. The range limit means I need to be sitting on top of my opponent, which means that, assuming I'm even able to hit him, even though I know exactly where he's going to be next turn, he'll probably be out of my firing arc. Likewise, I've been running multiple torpedos on the Portas for awhile now, and the five points spent on a second set pays off nicely in the first few turns.

Gotta say that I've not used it much in OP events, but have had tremendous luck and fun with the ED. Mostly I use it to focus down a single ship, and it's a beautiful thing. The fixed maneuver isn't a huge bonus because they shouldn't live through it, but if you bump them, since unlike X-wing, the bases are bigger than the 1 straight template, they can't move, so you'll be set up for a no-action but point-blank shot the next turn. The only issue is keeping it alive to get range 2 if the enemy's got an alpha-strike build, but with Sar and/or a covering Kraxon you're golden.

Or that fixed maneuver lets you set up without fear of them doing a 180 or getting too far away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's an alternate build.

Strike Force (5pts)

Gor Portas (26pts)
Gul Dukat (5pts)
Photon Torpedos (5pts)
Boheeka (2pts)

Kraxon with Independant Flagship 3 (36pts)
Jean-Luc Picard (7pts)
-Counterstrike (4pts)
Mr. Spock (6pts)
Konmel (4pts)

Trading Photon Torpedos for Spock means that each turn, when I go to Battle Stations (which should be every turn I can help), those Counterstrike attacks will be extra lethal.

PenguinBonaparte wrote:

Gotta say that I've not used it much in OP events, but have had tremendous luck and fun with the ED. Mostly I use it to focus down a single ship, and it's a beautiful thing. The fixed maneuver isn't a huge bonus because they shouldn't live through it, but if you bump them, since unlike X-wing, the bases are bigger than the 1 straight template, they can't move, so you'll be set up for a no-action but point-blank shot the next turn. The only issue is keeping it alive to get range 2 if the enemy's got an alpha-strike build, but with Sar and/or a covering Kraxon you're golden.

Or that fixed maneuver lets you set up without fear of them doing a 180 or getting too far away.

I'll be giving Energy Dissipators a pass until the Rav Laerst comes out. I'm curious to see of a Sensor Echo action makes it much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.