Subject: looking for a game like archipelago rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Østergaard
Denmark
Herning
flag msg tools
I am looking for games like Archipelago

or the feel of a game with a lot of different thinks you can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias R.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island is quite different from Archipelago, but it's also a really beautiful game with tons of things to do. It's definitely worth to check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dowden
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it the semi-coop aspect you like, the many choices on what to do next or the theme?

If semi-coop God's Playground is really good - but OOP and in the Marketplace for like $200.00

Castle Panic isn't as good, but it does have the semi-coop thing going for it. You all want to beat the monsters but the person who does the best ultimately wins.

As for games with a lot going on...Amerigo is new and really good. Lots of choices what to do next.

Francis Drake is quickly becoming a favorite for our group, Strong theme and again there are a lot of options and what you do impacts other players.

Also in the semi-coop might be Study in Emerald by Martin Wallace. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but it might fit depending on what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clash of Cultures - Civilization

Mage Knight Board Game - Euro RPG

Hansa Teutonica - tech tree, tons of options each turn

Polis: Fight for the Hegemony - 2p only, amazing game, every turn you can do 2 of 12 options!

Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization - oh my, so many choices each turn.

See the bottom, where it says Civil And Military Actions? Those are your options:

I love this game.

Heck, so many great games give you tons of choices and feel different each time. You've gotta be more specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irene
Ireland
Monaghan
Monaghan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered the upcoming Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game, and it seems to have a really interesting semi-coop mode. One to keep an eye out for in the future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Clash of Cultures. If the 4X aspect is what you like, consider Eclipse. Kemet has a lot of upgrading as well, though no exploration. None of these are co-op, though. (To my knowledge, the only 4X/Civ-like co-op is Archipelago.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt N

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No one mentioned CO₂ yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom dietl
Germany
regensburg
bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...or City Council

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you I love Archipelago, to the point it's easily a Top 3 game, and may finally displace TI3. For me it's the sandbox nature that's amazing (it's not really co-op thankfully, we hate them!).

Clash of Cultures is amazing, and I wonder if [=Castaways]Castaways[/] might be similarly interesting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Republic of Rome shares the semi coop feel, though it's far more complicated. Great fun though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asgard's Chosen can be played in coop mode. Deck building instead of tech trees and area movement with combat on a modular hex board. Nothing similar comes to mind that can be played coop.

Clash of Cultures would be my non-coop recommendation. Maybe Merchants & Marauders for the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.