Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

If a field has consecutive captain or sissi beans, it must be harvested. But when is this checked? Are a player's fields checked at the end of his or her turn? Or are all fields at the table checked at the end of each player's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The current player checks his fields. So, stuff you receive in trade is safe until the end of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Thanks. So even more aggressive trading than in our first play. Interesting twist on Bohnanza.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
zefquaavius wrote:
The current player checks his fields. So, stuff you receive in trade is safe until the end of your turn.

Your support for this claim is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
zefquaavius wrote:

The ruling is clear from one of the two English translations posted on the Geek. I do not know the provenance of the two translations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ahh, I'd not noticed there were two. Does the second also support our keep on stacking interpretation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:

I translated the rules (Sissi! rules in English).

Specifically:
Quote:
Am Ende des Spielzuges des Spielers, der an der Reihe ist, werden seine Bohnen- felder geprüft. Bohnenfelder, auf denen eine Sissibohne auf einer Sissibohne oder auf denen eine Rittmeister-Bohne auf einer Rittmeister-Bohne liegt, muss er sofort ernten.

The key phrase there is "des Spielers, der an der Reihe ist": The player whose turn it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You might change the phrasing of the Sissi Action section to say:

At the end of your turn, examine each of your bean fields...

The second "of your" is added to your original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed and done! Once files are back to normal, I shall update the BGG copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our other question was whether a player with say a Stinkbean field, with a Stinkbean card as the top card, could do the following:

- Play two more Stinkbeans from their hand atop the one already atop the first, using the "temporary" clause in the rules.

- Receive (say) three Sissibeans during the trading phase of the game and also play them all on the same field, all atop the last doubled Stinkbeans, again using the "temporary" clause.

- And then finally harvest that field at the end of the turn, specifically taking the Sissibeans (top of the field) as their coins.

Our reading of the rules was that this was legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:
Agreed and done! Once files are back to normal, I shall update the BGG copy.

Sissi! rules in English v1.3 is now available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Our other question was whether a player with say a Stinkbean field, with a Stinkbean card as the top card, could do the following:

- Play two more Stinkbeans from their hand atop the one already atop the first, using the "temporary" clause in the rules.

- Receive (say) three Sissibeans during the trading phase of the game and also play them all on the same field, all atop the last doubled Stinkbeans, again using the "temporary" clause.

- And then finally harvest that field at the end of the turn, specifically taking the Sissibeans (top of the field) as their coins.

Our reading of the rules was that this was legal.

Absolutely! There's a reason the check doesn't happen until the end of your turn, and it is precisely to take advantage of such things.

The other Bohnanza family games that have non-homogeneous fields also stress that you harvest the top (i.e. most recent) bean(s) from the field as coins. Abuse that rule, my friend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.