Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mladen Jocic
Serbia
Niš
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I have been playing iPad versions of Eclipse and Lords of Waterdeep on my iPad for some time and I am surprised how well they came out.
I would love there are more good game adaptations for tablets.

I am wondering what game would you like to see made for tablet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy
Seasons
Android: Netrunner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy is a good choice. Make it playable offline, add MP to it, and polish the UI/efficiency of everything and it would certainly be on the top of my list.

Memoir 44. A year ago Days of Wonder mentioned they had no plans of a tablet version, because of the intense AI calculations, but now that the iPad Air has much more robust specs I'd love for them to reconsider. Even if they could offload the calculations to a web server or something or just make it stricly player-versus-player. Their PC version is terrific, after all.

A meaty Martin Wallace game like Steam would be great.

Mostly, I'd love to see some older tablet versions of games get refreshed. Many of them are a bit dated and don't stand up well with the higher standards we have now with tablet gaming. Cylcades, Ingenious, Kingdoms, and Chicago Express (aka Wabash Cannonball) come to mind in being great board games that deserve more features and polish in their tablet versions. Although, there's less profit in doing so, I wish they'd take the Small World 2 approach of refreshing/relaunching their app with more robust features.

After seeing how beautifully Lords of Waterdeep and Warhammer Quest were realized for tablets, I'd love to see the D&D Raveloft/Ashardalon/Drizzt series come to tablets. That might be a nice fit, since it is just about the same complexity of Warhammer Q. Even better (but more doubtful) I'd love a Descent 2nd edition app. But that's just crazy talk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PrinceHamlet wrote:
After seeing how beautifully Lords of Waterdeep and Warhammer Quest were realized for tablets, I'd love to see the D&D Raveloft/Ashardalon/Drizzt series come to tablets. That might be a nice fit, since it is just about the same complexity of Warhammer Q.

This x1000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I want the Wabash Cannonball port for iOS updated for bigger displays!

After that:
Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game
DC Comics Deck-Building Game
7 Wonders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gowans
United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent 1st Ed
Acquire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) with AI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think an important thing to clarify here is whether you mean a game that requires AI or not? i.e. does the computer provide the other players or is it purely a pass and play?

I can think of a lot of games I'd love developed in which the computer provides an opponent willing to play 24/7. However for many games, the AI simply could not cope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lula lulacks
Greece
flag msg tools
War of the ring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Williams
United Kingdom
West Bromwich
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any 18XX game, especially 1829 Southern Board, 1825 (all units), 1835 and 1829 Mailline.

Civilization
Britannia
Commands and Colors Ancients
Wooden Ships & Iron men
Rail Baron
Statis-Pro Baseball
Acquire
Illuminati

Those would do for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jacobugath wrote:
Descent 1st Ed
Acquire

Descent would be terrific. Either edition is fine with me.

There's an iPhone knockoff of Acquire called McGuire. But I'd love a full featured, MP enhanced version that can take advantage of the the iPad real estate. Acquire is such a seminal game it deserves a publisher approved version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gowans
United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is McGuire also available on the iPad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even know Cyclades was on iOS. I grabbed my ipad in a hurry, and went to download it only to find out that there is no AI. Good thing I read the reviews before I bought it, I would've been pretty disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jacobugath wrote:
Is McGuire also available on the iPad?

It's designed for iPhone, but works fine on my ipad. Of course the resolution is blown up. No MP and nothing fancy, but it satisfies until an official version comes out. But I have not heard of anything in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All I want is vassal on IPad!

Until that glorious day, Twilight Struggle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dekedagger wrote:
I didn't even know Cyclades was on iOS. I grabbed my ipad in a hurry, and went to download it only to find out that there is no AI. Good thing I read the reviews before I bought it, I would've been pretty disappointed.

No AI, no online multiplayer, and only allows 2 players (for a game that only shines at 4 or 5p). The gameplay and graphics are fine. But without those basic features, I deinstalled it since it doesn't offer anything that the board game doesn't do better.

Such a shame. It's a brilliant board game that some people don't know about. I'm sure a robust electronic version would help give this game the recognition it deserves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Grant
United States
Buffalo Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
geekmail to jimgrant
badge
geekmail to jimgrant
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree that Cyclades for iOS is a huge disappointment. An update with the items you mention would get me, and others, racing to buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in:

1830 with AI (preferably with variants as listed on the 1830 page)
Civilization (Francis Tresham) with option for Advanced Civilization and Western Map all with AI
Twilight Struggle with AI
Brass with AI
Indonesia with AI
Race for the Galaxy with AI
Age of Steam with AI
Acquire with AI

Best regards, David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.