Alex Lickteig
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Couldn't find a copy of the Characters Expansion rules on the internet, so I made one specifically for the new cards and their effects. Hope this helps anyone who was looking for the new rules like I was a few weeks ago. Also helps to have extra copies of the rules to pass around when everyone is new to the expansion.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2cwApH_qz3Kd1NlbzZzTENBRk0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any other rules for the Brothers/Sisters? Like win conditions?

The description for the Angel has a typo, one of the sentences doesn't make sense now.

The Knight's description once says 'Rust Sword' instead of 'Rusty Sword'.

The Servant's description should read 'villagers' vote', not 'villager's vote'.

The White Werewolf's description should probably also read that he can also choose to eat a non-werewolf.

How does the Scapegoat's 'designating' work?

The Defender cannot choose himself, this isn't noted in your description. It should read 'another player', not 'a player'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lickteig
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
DreamStorm wrote:
Any other rules for the Brothers/Sisters? Like win conditions?

The description for the Angel has a typo, one of the sentences doesn't make sense now.

The Knight's description once says 'Rust Sword' instead of 'Rusty Sword'.

The Servant's description should read 'villagers' vote', not 'villager's vote'.

The White Werewolf's description should probably also read that he can also choose to eat a non-werewolf.

How does the Scapegoat's 'designating' work?

The Defender cannot choose himself, this isn't noted in your description. It should read 'another player', not 'a player'.

As far as win conditions for the Brothers and Sisters. They simply win with the village and are played like simple villagers, except for the fact that they know their brothers/sister.
One thing I did not include that is optional is: during the course of the game, once in a while (every other turn, or whenever the narrator feels like it), they wake up and again quickly (and quietly) agree on the decisions to take to save the village.

Fixed Angel typo (with -> win), re-uploaded and changed link

Knight typo fixed, re-uploaded and changed link

Fixed Servant typo (villager's -> village's), re-uploaded and changed link

According to the rules they are exactly as I have them on the pdf. Therefore, it does not say he can eliminate a "non-werewolf", just says "can eliminate a werewolf"
Although the rules are open to interpretation and if you wanted to make this card more powerful I assume you could make that change.

After the scapegoat dies, they will openly point out someone, who then becomes the only one that can vote the next day. This also means that since the werewolves will know who was designated, they can kill this person in the night and it will result in no village vote that day.

Notes I didn't really add to the Defender that are in the rule book are:
The Defender has the right to self-preservation.
The Defender does not have the ability to protect the same player 2 nights in a row.
The protection of the Defender does not have any effect on the Little Girl

Hope this answers all of your questions, if you have anymore feel free to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D

Waco
Texas
msg tools
If the Witch is devoured by wolves and has already used her healing potion, is she able to use her killing potion when she wakes even though she is being devoured that night?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lickteig
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
RAggie817 wrote:
If the Witch is devoured by wolves and has already used her healing potion, is she able to use her killing potion when she wakes even though she is being devoured that night?

Thanks!

The way my group and I play, the answer is yes. The witch is allowed to use her killing potion even if she is being devoured that night. You could also make the argument that she is dead and so she can't use the potion, or treat her like a hunter and say that in her dying breathe she was able to use it on someone. Since it isn't specifically said one way or the other in the rules, it is really up to the moderator/group to decide how to treat that situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.