Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Schlepper
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,
if you have a weapon with several shots, can you use these shots on the same enemy thereby killing an enemy with 2 life points with two shots by the same character with one action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muhammad Azwan Dahlan
Malaysia
Kepala Batas
Penang
flag msg tools
badge
Wahatever you do... DON'T... FALL... ASLEEP...
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe, yes you can. That's the way we do. But, I'm not sure either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree that you can; after all if you take an extra shot for 1 stress you can also add those shots onto the target (good for grey cubes and/or bosses).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Schlepper
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this would mean:
I could attack in one space with several enemies (like 4 grey, 1 purple, 1 white) using a gun with two shots and explosives, using first shot on one grey guy, killing 1 purple and 1 white, then use the second shot on any of the grey guys killing them all because they all got one wound from my first shot?
This seems to be quite powerfull.

But also using a gun with 4 shots you could kill 2 grey enemies and even 4 enemies by spending 1 stress.

In our first game the second night was really stressful but after we searched some equipment we were easily killing of enemies using the above mentioned rule. It just seemed to easy that way (but I have to admit, that we got the event with an extra hour for the day before night 3...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules are very clear regarding this situation.

1) [...] the Character deals the number of Shots indicated among the targets [...] within the Range of the Weapon: each target he deals a Shot to receives the amount of  Damage indicated by the Weapon.
-> Yes, you may choose your target separately for each shot as long as you follow the target rules (must be the closest, etc.)

2) "Focus the attacks": if the Damage inflicted during any Fire/Assault Action is not enough to eliminate an Infected, you may add to it the Damage inflicted by another Fire/Assault Action performed immediately after by the same Character.
-> Yes, you can kill 2 grey enemies with a 4-shot weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Schlepper
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Sure you can choose your target separatly for each shot. Question is, can you target one target twice in one fire action? If so, how about the explosive effects as mentioned in my former post?

2) Applying these rules you would not need to focus your attack to kill 2 grey enemies with a 4-shot weapon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I got your point.

1) There is nothing in the rules that forbids to target one enemy twice with multiple shots in one fire action. It is not explicitly stated though.
I will play this rule that way as long as Matteo does not say something else.

2) That is true and from my understanding your example is correct.

One more thing, yes, a 2-shot blast weapon is pretty strong I suppose ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.