Hide
6 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » General

Subject: is the base game enough? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fenrill Aran
msg tools
Hi I'm thinking on buying the game, but after spending a lot of money in MTG and dungeon command I really don't another game of that kind. So does the base game includes everything to keep you entertain for a while?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MFK
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely! It's always nice to have variety, but the base game is more than enough game for the money. There are plenty of leftover cards after building two spellbooks, so you have the ability to customize your deck without buying anything else.

Of course, you will WANT more...but you won't need more for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. The only drawback is that as I remember you have to deconstruct a recommended spellbook(s) to construct one for a different character.

With that in mind you might want to pick up the core spell tome and/or core spell tome 2 but they are not absolutely necessary.

For me personally I went ahead and bought a whole bunch of stuff (essentially 2 or more of everything). It was expensive but worth it in my opinion because the game is that good.

If you do decide to get more stuff later you can certainly do it incrementally.

But the base set will keep you busy enough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenrill Aran
msg tools
Ok thank you guys, I will probably pick it up soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BartowWing wrote:
Agree. The only drawback is that as I remember you have to deconstruct a recommended spellbook(s) to construct one for a different character.

They web-published revised spellbooks for core set that allows you to simultaneously have a spellbook for each of the four core mages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most.
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
BartowWing wrote:
They web-published revised spellbooks for core set that allows you to simultaneously have a spellbook for each of the four core mages.

Indeed, and in my opinion they actually feel a bit better with the updated spellbooks as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.