Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael T
Australia
Greensborough
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone else plays the Vassal version of TAL and has noticed a rather small number of campaign cards available for selection?

Looking through the virtual deck I seem to only be able to choose from Iraq 1991, Libya 2011, North Korea 2011 and Iran 2014 and a quick glance at the DVG website seems to indicate that some are missing (Pakistan, Taiwan etc.)

Furthermore it appears that I only have three Situation cards to chose from (Surge, Show of Force and Rapid Deployment), I'm fairly certain I've seen reference to other cards existing while browsing BGG.

Has anyone else run into this problem or is this one of the reasons the Vassal version is substantially cheaper than the physical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owain B
United Kingdom
Corbridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the Vassal version, but... can you flip the cards? (Usually Ctrl-F in Vassal to flip things.) The cardboard version has campaigns and situations printed back to back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also try right-clicking the card and see if there is a 'flip' command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T
Australia
Greensborough
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, sure enough they are on the back. Not having a physical copy of the game (yet, ordered and awaiting re-print), it had never occured to me to look there.

Both Ctrl-F and the right-click 'flip' menu option work, though the latter option only appears once the card has been moved from its starting position in the campaign 'stack'. Before this the only options appearing in the menu are "Draw Specific Card" or "Draw Multiple Cards".

Thanks very much for the help Obenn & TwoSheds, very much appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.