Millennium Blades» Forums » General

Subject: Release date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Argent: The Consortium looks neat and I'm anxiously waiting for my copy of Devastation to arrive, but Millenial Blades seems like the stuff dreams are made of. I was REALLY into Magic 20 years ago and when I quit, VteS, LotFR and Middle Earth were my methadone until I finally kicked the CCG habit for good. So when I heard about a CCG simulator game where all you need to enjoy the full experience is just the base game, I knew this is what I've been waiting for the last 15 years

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is: Do we have a date for the KS? Cause sure as hell I'll be first in line laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:

Argent: The Consortium looks neat and I'm anxiously waiting for my copy of Devastation to arrive, but Millenial Blades seems like the stuff dreams are made of. I was REALLY into Magic 20 years ago and when I quit, VteS, LotFR and Middle Earth were my methadone until I finally kicked the CCG habit for good. So when I heard about a CCG simulator game where all you need to enjoy the full experience is just the base game, I knew this is what I've been waiting for the last 15 years

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is: Do we have a date for the KS? Cause sure as hell I'll be first in line laugh

I would like to know as well, I thought we might have seen this first? But it may have needed a bunch more play testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I seem to remember I read somewhere this one was coming earlier, might be wrong, though. Guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer. Let's just hope is not much more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the prototype at Gen con with Brad. It is indeed awesome. But he's still playing around with some stuff. I am eagerly awaiting it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Tentative release date will be Fall 2014, so it will be a spring or summer 2014 KS, if we decide to KS it (which we almost certainly will, because stretch goals for this one will be so much fun).

A few mechanics are still being decided, but the complete game is taking shape quite nicely. Check our Tumblr on Wednesdays to see some of the art in progress with Fábio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:

Nice, very nice.

So if I understand correctly there are like, two games in one: First you build your deck and then you get to play it. Is it that right? And if so, will it be possible to just build a couple of decks off game and play straight away against another player? You know, for when you only have, like 20 minutes or so

Also, is it me or if this game perfect for some expansions adding new cards along the way? laugh

Anf finally, I hope we get a few cameos from characters of Indines (Borneo ftw! whistle )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:

So if I understand correctly there are like, two games in one: First you build your deck and then you get to play it. Is it that right? And if so, will it be possible to just build a couple of decks off game and play straight away against another player? You know, for when you only have, like 20 minutes or so

It's actually more like you start the game, then you build a deck, then play a battle, then build a deck, then play another battle, and so on for about 8 rounds. Each round the metagame changes which cards are legal in your deck, plus you get new cards added in.

Deckbuilding is actually a big part of the game, not something you can do outside of play.

And yes, we'll have a bunch of characters from Indines, as well as from other games that Fábio has illustrated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:

It's actually more like you start the game, then you build a deck, then play a battle, then build a deck, then play another battle, and so on for about 8 rounds. Each round the metagame changes which cards are legal in your deck, plus you get new cards added in.

Deckbuilding is actually a big part of the game, not something you can do outside of play.

Different from what I had in mind, but still cool

Quote:
And yes, we'll have a bunch of characters from Indines, as well as from other games that Fábio has illustrated

Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
Tentative release date will be Fall 2014, so it will be a spring or summer 2014 KS, if we decide to KS it (which we almost certainly will, because stretch goals for this one will be so much fun).

A few mechanics are still being decided, but the complete game is taking shape quite nicely. Check our Tumblr on Wednesdays to see some of the art in progress with Fábio

Sooooo, any news? Pretty please? I need this game in my life!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

Sooooo, any news? Pretty please? I need this game in my life!

It was stated in the Pixel Tactics deluxe KS that this game will be the next KS. So hopefully not too much longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tehero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
OMG!!! PLEASE PUT UP THE KICKSTARTER ALREADY!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tehero22 wrote:
OMG!!! PLEASE PUT UP THE KICKSTARTER ALREADY!!!

April 17th, according to the newsletter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.