Carlos Luna
Spain
Rubí
Catalunya
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ei! I'm building 4 geeklist (for personal use) that may (or may not) interest you.

They are just collections of games that can be played with generic materials (yes, yet another collection of games that can be played with generic materials) but this time grouped in what I call Abstract Gaming Travel Kits.

If you are planning to put together an Abstract Gaming Toolbox or just want to have an EveryDay-Carry-Gaming-Kit always with you, you should consider take a look at these geeklists.

Comments are very welcome, as usual!

From the description:

--------------------

Some years ago I started to collect rules of abstract games that can be easily remembered and require just a bunch of generic materials. The basic idea is to have a list of games that can be improvised anywhere in the world at no cost (just in case... whistle)

After researching thoroughly the BGG and other sources, some patterns started to repeat themselves: there are some sets of components (a checkers set, a go set, etc...) that the designers use as game systems and allow us to play a lot of abstract games.

Once I realized that there are some sets of generic material that are more flexible than others, my original intend changed a little bit: Now I'm trying to design what I call Abstract Gaming Travel Kits:

AGTK0: Graph paper and pencil games (for large stone-placement games)
AGTK1: 16+16+4 Buttons (for checkers like games)
AGTK2: 6x6 Buttons (for smaller abstract games)
AGTK3: The Combi Deck
(for abstract games that can be played with cards)

--------------------
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett the Hammer
United States
Rutland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is TOTALLY COOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.