Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently decided to back to college while simultaneously holding my 40+ hr job and still attend most of my regular gaming days. Amidst the chaos, I simply have not had the time to keep up with my BGG subscriptions, so I have to pick and choose which articles. Here's the thing though - I think some items are disappearing even though I've not read them (or marked them read). For example, I'm subscribed to Joel Eddy's blog and I've purposefully left them all unread with the intent of going back binge watching videos during the winter break. But some of the videos I know I haven't seen are not on my subscription list anymore. (This is just one example of many.)

Is there something in the code managing my subscriptions that would be removing these items automatically? If yes, is there a way to stop it from happening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The subscriptions expire after 30 days, there is no way to prevent this that I know of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might consider bookmarking threads you want to read later and/or adding them to your quickbar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
The subscriptions expire after 30 days, there is no way to prevent this that I know of.

(This came up in another recent thread.)

To avoid confusion:
The subscriptions do not expire.
The notifications about something new appearing in a subscribed item expire after 30 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:

To avoid confusion:
The subscriptions do not expire.
The notifications about something new appearing in a subscribed item expire after 30 days.

Fair enough, but disappointing nonetheless.

Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.