Subject: Rulebook as a game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hero gamer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone know of any games that use the rulebook as a mini game or something along those lines?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Beiswenger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Krosmaster: Arena uses the rulebook kind of like a videogame tutorial where place the pieces on the rulebook itself and play intro scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
The ASL rulebook - the only winning move is not to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably not what you are looking for but Tombs: The Sword of Valhalla is a one page game with rules interwoven into the story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hero gamer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bizwang wrote:
Krosmaster: Arena uses the rulebook kind of like a videogame tutorial where place the pieces on the rulebook itself and play intro scenarios

I love the way they did their rulebook!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In Risk Legacy, the rulebook changes over time, and sometimes players can choose how they modify it. Stickers are placed over existing rules to override old rules or placed in blank slots to add new rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
In Jamaica, the rulebook is designed as a treasure map.

In several Vlaada Chvatil games, the rulebook is presented by a guide who acts as a dynamic teacher, with anecdotes and such. And in his Dungeon Lords, you have some puzzles to do for practice to help you understand how the game will sanction what you build in it...

For Dungeon Twister, you can find on the net several puzzles which helps you understand the different character's skills (and may give you a real challenge to solve)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Choose your own rules instead adventure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.