Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to play The Bottle Imp, but was just wondering. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I find it best with 3 players because as you progress through the learning curve you find many interesting twists involving forcing players to hold their lowest bottle prices (you pass a card to each player and one to the pot, so you know who you gave the yellow-1 to!!, for example). I find it easier to make such forcing plays with 3 players, and with 4 players the end result is often more random (you have less control). Also, it becomes a shorter game (though the rules suggest playing 2 hands per player with 3, we usually play just 1 hand each, makes it short, quick and dirty!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Barrera
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What he said. Mainly because you give one card to each person sitting next to you in the table, so with 3 players you influence everybody's initial hand and everybody influences yours.

Also there are lots of trick-tacking games for 4 players, and since The Bottle Imp is not played in partners, 3 is plenty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.