flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say,

Quote:
Number of objectives

This reward may be claimed by any player at the moment he controls the exact number of corresponding objectives

but under

Quote:
To complete an objective

An objective is completed as soon as all its spaces are occupied by a legion. The player then announces AVE CESAR.

Then he proceeds as follows:

1. He removes all the legions from the objective and puts them back into his stock.

2. He carries out the possible power provided by the objective.

3. He moves the objective into his area showing the objectives under control.

4. If possible, and if he wants to, he claims a reward.

The claiming rewards stage is clearly at the end. Is there a moment when he can claim the 5 bonus tile, before completing the 6th card, for example?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you may, yes. The 'claim a reward' step isn't at the end of the turn, it's the last step after completing an objective. You should be able to resolve completing the first, snatch the reward, and then resolve the second completion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question. Would love to hear an official response on this.

Love this game, btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My take on it: absolutely - there's a moment when he has completed the 5th card, and not the 6th card.

Sure they are completed when you shout Ave Caeser, but then follow the step through. The only way I can see being able to complete 2 cards at once, is via another objective card. So you shout Ave Caeser, and wait for your sequence to come up,

Then you move your legions off, and use the power - at this point you might complete another objective (or 2) - however, I'd say you should still be able to claim the 5 objective card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You complete those 4 steps to accomplish the 5th and then repeat the 4 steps to complete the 6th.

When at step 4 of the 5th achievement, you can claim the 5 bonus. Technically, I would thonk if you begin step 1 of the 6th achievement, you are no longer able to claim the 5 bonus, but I would allow claiming it anytime during your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.