8 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Room Search and Car Damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Machado
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hello guys. I've started playing recently and although I've already found many many answers on the fórum some questions remain:

1. Rooms are limited to one search per game at all or one search per survivor per game?

2. Can cars be damaged/destroyed by a survivor? Consider this scenario: a survivor throws a Molotov on a zone full of zombies killing them all. If there is a car on that same zone will it be destroyed by the molotov? I know any survivors inside the car will be killed by the molotov. The question is about the car itsef.

3. Can a molotov be thrown over a prison fence?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure on the other two, but for the first question: I don't think rooms are limited to searching at all. Survivors are limited to only doing one Search action per turn. But there are no limitations on how often a given room can be searched.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrPrO wrote:
Hello guys. I've started playing recently and although I've already found many many answers on the fórum some questions remain:

1. Rooms are limited to one search per game at all or one search per survivor per game?

2. Can cars be damaged/destroyed by a survivor? Consider this scenario: a survivor throws a Molotov on a zone full of zombies killing them all. If there is a car on that same zone will it be destroyed by the molotov? I know any survivors inside the car will be killed by the molotov. The question is about the car itsef.

3. Can a molotov be thrown over a prison fence?

Thanks.

1. One search per survivor, per turn.
2.the car cannot be destroyed, unless the scenario rules allow it.
3.good question... I think you can.
PO page 24. Barbwire fences can’t be crossed but don’t block line of sight . They can be shot through .
PO Page 10 . Molotov: Discard a Glass Bottle and a Gasoline card and give your Survivor a Molotov card . The Molotov doesn’t need Dice, Accuracy, or Damage values (though it still requires a Ranged Combat Action to use) . Just terminate everything in the targeted Zone . Yes, even other Survivors and Abomina- tions . Discard the Molotov card after a single use, leaving its hand slot empty .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Machado
Brazil
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dork Angel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wondered about multiple searching myself.

If rooms can be continually searched then why not just spend the first several turns of the game searching through the starting room until you've found all the guns and melee weapons that are obviously hidden among all the water bottles, tins of food and rice that litter every room...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djbcrawford wrote:

If rooms can be continually searched then why not just spend the first several turns of the game searching through the starting room until you've found all the guns and melee weapons that are obviously hidden among all the water bottles, tins of food and rice that litter every room...

You can indeed do that.

However, if you start behind a closed door then lots of zombies are going to pile up outside while you spend your time searching, then, when you eventually open the door, you're likely to shoot up into orange or red very quickly, which will make the rest of the scenario difficult, and, if you don't start behind a closed door, the zombies will be on top of you pretty quickly in most such scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djbcrawford wrote:

It doesn't always work out that way though. Zombies are spawning and moving every turn...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And not all scenarios allow you to search the starting rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.