Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron
United States
San Gabriel Valley Southern California
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone I thought I would share my remakes of the cards from the original base of Legendary. I have all expansions up to date with custom dividers. Thought I would share my variants of the cards that needed a different picture from the base game. I am trying to change all of the original art from the base set. Which will probably take a bit. I plan on printing these cards at printerstudio.com

I finished working on Black Widow, one of my favorite characters to play with along side Domino. Here is the ultimate rare version that I created. Will not release the other cards until I have them printed and hopefully they look good. Ignore the lime green that is the template provided by the website as the bleed area. Anyways here she is... so beautiful I tried to match what I could with the fonts etc with the template from the base game. Nothing like eyeballing it haha. Feel free for those can print it at home and tell me how it looks. Did I do everything right. Would love the feedback. Thank you!

UPDATE 12/19/13
2 of the schemes I did 2 versions based on the pictures. You can decide which one to use or give feedback too.
------------------------------------------------------------

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added Pictures:

-Massive Earthquake Generator Version 1/2
-Transform Citizens into Demons
-The Legacy Virus
-Replace Earth's Leaders with Killbots Version 1/2
-Portals to the Dark Dimension
-Secret Invasion of the Skrull Shapeshifters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These look really good. For the first time in a year, I'm annoyed that the schemes don't have unique pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
These look really good! Can I ask what program you are using? What templates are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1havok12 wrote:
These look really good! Can I ask what program you are using? What templates are you using?

Using Photoshop CS5 and templates by (derare) Thomas Suetens from the forums. His template links are listed below

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/94946/hero-card-tokens
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/94922/hero-card-templates

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added some more pictures. Just a reminder these have not been test printed. If you want to use them print them in black and white and if it looks good. Then print in color. Would love the feedback too! To see if I am doing this correctly or what needs to be changed.

Iron Man Common 1

2 Versions of the Ultra Rare THOR!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Seupel
Germany
Darmstadt
Hessen
flag msg tools
Hey you did a really nice Job !
And which fonts did you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paxtor wrote:
Hey you did a really nice Job !
And which fonts did you use?

There are multiple fonts that I used to try to get as close as I can to the original product. You would have to do some research on the forums. I know there are topics where people have asked about the fonts. I do not remember them off the top of my head. These cards are in beta, once I get them printed. I will probably update them. I still plan for post more when I finish them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadpool rare

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwake
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
these are awesome, how are you getting them printed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daemonport wrote:
these are awesome, how are you getting them printed?

I am going to try and get them printed as custom playing cards. Poker Size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the fact that my templates are used with such great success!

Some things come to mind:
-Why do you post the cards with rounded corners? If you want to cut them like that, great, but if the image shifts only a bit, this will always be visible. Keeping a square image helps a 'bleeding' color. Care to post the uncut versions somewhere online too?

-Deadpool's card:the pop-out is a bit sloppy. Try zooming in multiple times to get the erasing of the border JUST right. You'll see that in the end it will also provide a lot of satisfaction to yourself. Also I don't have the real cards here with me, but this is not the rare. Based on the template you used, I would say it's the uncommon, but is this not one of his commons?

-Iron Man's card: Stark's hair and Iron Man's suit could be popping out at his left shoulder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derare wrote:
Love the fact that my templates are used with such great success!

Some things come to mind:
-Why do you post the cards with rounded corners? If you want to cut them like that, great, but if the image shifts only a bit, this will always be visible. Keeping a square image helps a 'bleeding' color. Care to post the uncut versions somewhere online too?

-Deadpool's card:the pop-out is a bit sloppy. Try zooming in multiple times to get the erasing of the border JUST right. You'll see that in the end it will also provide a lot of satisfaction to yourself. Also I don't have the real cards here with me, but this is not the rare. Based on the template you used, I would say it's the uncommon, but is this not one of his commons?

-Iron Man's card: Stark's hair and Iron Man's suit could be popping out at his left shoulder.

Yeah I know Deadpool's card pop art was crappy. I noticed it once I posted it. I have redone it and it is way better. The reason for the lime green around the card is so that to give people an idea on what the card should look like. I have the full image where it isn't there. Another thing on Deadpool. Just looked at the cards. His rare is this one. It is only 3 instinct. He has 5 covert and 5 tech which are common. I plan to post the full images for people to print out. I just need just to get them printed on poker size cards and make any changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.