Subject: Did I have this wrong? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
José Herrera
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I started playing Commands & Colors recently, and yesterday I came across a few situations that other players seem to do differently than I had understood. My questions are:

-Clash of shields and double time state that "ordered units may not have ranged combat": The way I viewed this was that you may not order auxiliaries and any kind of light troops because they do "have" a ranged combat ability. The way it is played by others, you can order these units as long as you don't use that ranged combat in the same turn you play the card (but in clash of shields it would be impossible to begin with, wouldn't it?).

-The rally card states that you may replace "one block" of units adjacent to a leader. I hadn't considered the option of stacking rallies onto one single unit so as to replace 2 or even 3 blocks at a time (for example, if your roll gets you 3 blue triangles rally only one medium infantry unit from one to 4 blocks).

-Finally, the I am Spartacus card does not openly state that helmets allow you to order a unit of your choice, although it does sound logical (and that's the way I played it previously too)

I don't know if I'm forgetting some other recent doubt, but anyways thanks for your time and good gaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
On Clash of Shields and Double Time question, yes, the better wording might have been "ordered units may not engage in ranged combat".

On the others ones, I don't have the game with me, so I hesitate to speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can order any unit.

2. Yeah, you can put back 2 or 3 blocks at a time.

3. Helmets can order any unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi José ,

- CLASH OF SHIELD
All units adjacent to an enemy unit when the command card is played are ordered. Note units that are ordered on the Clash of Shields may not fire.

- RALLY
A rallied unit may gain more than one block when rallied, but the unit may not gain more blocks that it originally had.

- I AM SPARTACUS
My card reads as follow: "Roll dice equal to command. For each unit symbol rolled one unit of this type is ordered and a leader symbol orders any unit or a leader."

For future reference I suggest you to have a look at "Command Cards FAQ" section on CCAncients.net website.
http://www.ccancients.net/Rules/FAQs/command-cards.html

Alessandro - CCAncients.net Admin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't done so, download the latest Living Rules. All of these are pretty clear in the new rules. (Other than maybe Clash of Shields of which yours is an interesting interpretation.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.