4 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: When are recurring credits refreshed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do we have a ruling anywhere which says exactly when recurring credits refresh? The rulebook says "at the start of your turn", but this could be either at 1 on the timing diagram (where the box changes colour), or it could be at 1.2 which is (perhaps unhelpfully) labelled "Turn begins". This matters because there is a paid ability window at 1.1, which seems to be during the runner's turn, but before their "turn begins".

Why does it matter? Example:

Suppose I'm playing as Kate with The Toolbox, Magnum Opus, Snowball and Clone Chip in play. The game winning agenda is behind a Server which is protected by Engima and Wall of Thorns. I have no cards in my hand (I just narrowly avoided dying to a Neural EMP by SMCing Deus X). I have 2 credits, and I haven't used my recurring credits from the Toolbox since the beginning of my last turn. The Corporation has just finished discarding.

The only breaker in my discard pile which can get through Enigma is Atman. I can't afford to Clone Chip for Atman this turn (I already used my Kate discount on Deus X). I can do it in phase 1.1 (paid ability window) of my turn though (presumably my Kate ability refreshes at 1?). If recurring credits refresh at 1.2, I can use Toolbox credits to pump Atman to power 2, and then click Magnum Opus 3 times to get the 7 credits (6 from Opus and 2 refreshed from Toolbox) I need to get through Enigma and Wall of Thorns. If Toolbox credits refresh at 1, then Wall of Thorns will flatline me

I've seen a ruling saying that recurring credits definitely refresh before "When your turn begins" conditionals resolve, but do we know if they do it at 1, 1.1, or the start of 1.2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's in the FAQ. They refresh at step 1.2, but before paid abilities can be triggered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks. I thought I'd checked the FAQ, but I was looking at an older version without realising it.

As a follow-up then, in my example above, am I "refreshing" Kate (or other IDs) "once per turn" abilities correctly (at 1), or should they reset at 1.2 also.

I'm guessing it must be at 1, because otherwise there's no difference between the paid ability window at 3.2 in the corp's turn, and 1.1 in the runners...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agreed. Once per turn should mean at any time during the Runner or Corp turn, as shown on the timing charts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.