Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've just punched, assembled and stored all the goober in the Designer Ogre Edition (non-KS) and it took about 3 hours (if anyone wants to know how long to set aside.

I'm not the sort of person who can just punch pieces as and when I need them.

I have to say that it looks an awesome prospect when you first start, but due to the excellent way that it has been planned by SJG it flows along nicely. The lines around the pieces needed to make each ogre and building are invaluable. But the high quality punching (laser cutting?) done on production is a REAL boon. If it had been done on the cheap it would have been a complete and utter nightmare to deal with so many pieces.

Out of all the pieces assembled, only 2 pieces will need a spot of glue to hold them in place. Everything else is nice and snug.

Now I just need to find the kit to build an opponent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:

Now I just need to find the kit to build an opponent

...or generate free air fare tickets to fly them in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Irsik
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Gaming OCD had me gluing all the 3D pieces, then using colored sharpies to fill in all the non-colored cardboard edges. Looks great, but after six days I'm only about 60% through all of the 3D models!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Butler
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mirsik wrote:
My Gaming OCD had me gluing all the 3D pieces, then using colored sharpies to fill in all the non-colored cardboard edges. Looks great, but after six days I'm only about 60% through all of the 3D models!

I'm in a similar boat. Far closer to completion however.

I found that it goes faster to color all the edges, and then assemble...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carnagecjb wrote:
mirsik wrote:

Well if they had been plastic minis I would have felt obliged to paint them, but they look just fine as they are for the added time required to do as you are doing, but I wish you joy of it.

I'm going to be playing it almost exclusively solo and I give myself permission to just say no to glue and sharpies on this occasion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carnagecjb wrote:
mirsik wrote:

I'm taking my time. My 5 year old daughter and I can do it together. She does the larger areas with markers (dry erase for easy fix ups of errors,) and I do the tight spots. Then I line them up and she pushes them together.

She now knows what an Ogre is! Given she loves WALL-E, a game with Robots she is helping me build is a good thing. She also paints while I paint minis. I'm going to make a gamer out of her!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.