Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory B
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
I'll Take Those Fantasy Women!
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m sure this has been asked many times before, but I’m too lazy to look it up, sorry So with the new digital version recently out, I’ve been playing a TON of games and wanted to know what everyone’s favorite combo was. Which one are you willing to play 4 gold to get? I have two I grab no matter where they are:

Pillaging orcs
Merchant ratmen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spirit ghouls early on is really nice,put in decline at round 2 and you continue to have 2 races to make conquests for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Well Flying Sorcerers are often in the top 3

Underworld Giants are also very high whenever you can get them.

Stout Ghouls (Turn 1) also super popular.

While not massively OP Heroic Halflings is always a great mid game race.

Commando Skelly-men and to a lesser degree Mounted or berserk Skelly-men

Seafaring Tritons, not OP but obvious synergy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Including expansions:

Marauding Pygmys. Case close. Over. Definitely my favorite combo -- might not be the very best, but ridiculously effective and almost impossible to fully take off the board (unless for really bad rolls)

and for the most part...

(most powers) Skeletons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory B
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:
While not massively OP Heroic Halflings is always a great mid game race.

Never thought of that, having 4 immune spaces is pretty cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
KingD21 wrote:

Marauding Pygmys. Case close. Over. Definitely my favorite combo -- might not be the very best, but ridiculously effective and almost impossible to fully take off the board (unless for really bad rolls)

Aren't Marauding Pygmys nothing more than weak Marauding Elves except if sorcerers are present?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory B
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
Including expansions:

Marauding Pygmys. Case close. Over. Definitely my favorite combo

what expansion are they in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:
KingD21 wrote:

Aren't Marauding Pygmys nothing more than weak Marauding Elves except if sorcerers are present?

Yeah but Pygmies cooler than Elves. But you are right marauding elves have the same effect.

Cursed expansion = marauding
Be Not Afraid = pygmies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a pretty cool poll/tournament on here not too long ago that attempted to answer this question democratically. Anybody have a link to that? I forget who won and which power was tops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bandit_boy7 wrote:
There was a pretty cool poll/tournament on here not too long ago that attempted to answer this question democratically. Anybody have a link to that? I forget who won and which power was tops.

Skeletons won the race (which I predicted at the start...yet you guys wanted to continue that tourny)

As for power, I do not recall -- I remember Stout being up there (maybe even taking it all) [I could be terribly wrong though]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobit Glenhaber
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that marauding is OP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merchant Amazons performed very well in my most recent game. And though I haven't encountered it yet, I wonder if Fireball Wizards are any good (Fireball from Small World: Royal Bonus).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
SammySnijbonen wrote:
I wonder if Fireball Wizards are any good (Fireball from Small World: Royal Bonus).

I think it would be good, because the fireballs would solve the wimp problem that Wizards have. I think it would make them a target, because the fireballs would allow the Wizards to stretch out further/faster than normal, enabling them to cash in on those bonuses they usually get few of. The target would be hard to hit, because of how they earn fireballs--fireballs are available for use on the turn after they are earned, and they can be stockpiled! That may be a fight a lot of players want don't want to pick. Getting bonus coins and offensive units from the same region is undoubtedly a big buff.

Tobit G wrote:
I think that marauding is OP

In what context? There are a lot of races for which this would be a far from OP pairing. Powerful? Nobody's debating that. Game-winning? Unstoppable? Categorically overpowering? Absolutely not, especially if you have a good sense of the flow of when to put your race into Decline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.