The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43» Forums » General

Subject: ++Very Happy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maggie Pinto

New Hampshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you designers and producers. I have been waiting a good while for this title to appear at my door step and have not been disappointed. I have been searching for a "back in the day" solitaire game sans cards and a game rule book that can quickly put you into the action. This title fits the bill.
Although I have only run a few patrols in the past few days, I look forward to time allowed to delve back into my Commanders diary. The trials have not been easy. Twice I have managed to gurgle back to port and unfortunately lost one of my best start submarines to hounding depth charges where myself and my crew dropped to the Baltic abyss.
So far great fun. The game does build character and story line. The mechanics are not at all overwhelmingly deep but manage to keep you wanting to push that one more patrol, that one more shot at a ship.
I would recommend this game to anyone interested in solitaire play to give it a shot. You can get playing after a read and return to specifics of rules. I think The Hunters would make an excellent beginners game.

Again Thank you. The Hunters is a match.

Hopefully I will be sending a dispatch from U-164 as I march on for the fatherland.

ObsCommander Goatly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so pleased to hear you are pleased with the game, Milo. Thanks for sharing and I wish you better luck on future patrols!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.