Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Pending BGG approval (and if the file server issue is fixed) The Outrider PnP Base game is now FREE via files section of this entry.

Happy Motoring.

-G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool gesture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Heywood
United States
Kelso
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the changes from version 1.0. The dash cards as just one card make set up a great deal easier.

Awesome to have it as free for us fans! Merry Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, alot of changes were made in preperation of the Print on Demand deck, to keep card counts and print costs down. This is also the reason that alot of cards pull double duty.

Chugosh wrote:
I really like the changes from version 1.0. The dash cards as just one card make set up a great deal easier.

Awesome to have it as free for us fans! Merry Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Urgo
United States
Wanaque
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just revisited Outrider and I see all the changes and the free goodies!

I had started to put together a PnP a few months back, but had not finished. And now with the changes, i'm now a bit confused as to how to go about assembling.

Is there a PnP instruction set somewhere?

- How many of each card/card type you need (per game? per vehicle?)

- The older vehicle cards were double sided, with vehicle image on 1 side, stats and "bio" on the other, and you printed out and "folded over" the paper to create the card. The new one, each vehicle is a single-sided card?

- There were more ROTR vehicles, before, no? I know several people posted Usermade vehicles, generics, etc...

I guess basically, I want to know what "old stuff" is still "good stuff"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
buffburgo wrote:
I've just revisited Outrider and I see all the changes and the free goodies!

I had started to put together a PnP a few months back, but had not finished. And now with the changes, i'm now a bit confused as to how to go about assembling.

Is there a PnP instruction set somewhere?

- How many of each card/card type you need (per game? per vehicle?)

- The older vehicle cards were double sided, with vehicle image on 1 side, stats and "bio" on the other, and you printed out and "folded over" the paper to create the card. The new one, each vehicle is a single-sided card?

- There were more ROTR vehicles, before, no? I know several people posted Usermade vehicles, generics, etc...

I guess basically, I want to know what "old stuff" is still "good stuff"?

It's all good stuff

seriously, tho nothing has really become obsolete, except the earliest revision of the vehicles (the originals featured narrow arcs, so would be outclassed by their modern counterparts). Other than that, stuff is largely the same. The pages still fold in half and yield eight, 2-sided cards. The vehicles have an alternate build on the back, with the new allo-in-one dashboards (replacing the 4-per player) match the new vehicles/alternates.

quick breakdown:

8 2-sided vehicle cards
8 2-sided dashbaords
18 manuever cards:
6 punch-it/ease-up
2 swerve left/right
2 easy left/right
2 hard left/right
2 skid left/right
3 LOS/range cards
1 capstone card
a bunch of tokens PER CAR
6 armor
3 action
1 set of four d6, d8, d10, d12 markers
a good mix of +1, +2, +3, +4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim tullis
United States
flag msg tools
Is this list the same as the Decks that are for sale?

I read somewhere that there were some production issues with the print on demand decks, such as missing the card seat locations and wrong matchup arrows on some manuevers. Have those been resolved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Print on demand decks are slightly different for this reason:

When you (or I) make print-n-play versions, we have absolute control over the back-to-front registration, as well as the precision of the die cut. The original print on demand decks were modeled directly of of the PnP deck, but it became clear that the front-to-back registry of the print, as well as the die-cut were never going to be a precise (this is just the nature of mass-printing ... and the reason your average MtG card/etc has a thick black/white border to allow for the offset) so I altered some of the cards, removing or tweaking the location of the the card seat to compensate for this variance, as the card seat was frequently cut in half or nearly eliminated on some early runs. I've worked with drive-thru and submitted a few tweaks long ago and the PoD cards are turning out fantastic ever since, IMHO. I have been fabricating demo sets using the PoD cards, because they look much better than ANY PnP cards I've made ...

also the card count is a bit different, but this was to make the card count qualify for certain 'volume' discounts on the PoD pricing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim tullis
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification. I'll probably order a set or two soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.