Bob Hansen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
2/68th Armor: Silver Lions!
mbmbmbmb
Just got my copy today (Captain level backer) and I noticed the game mats were missing (I ordered extra on top of my pledge).

Went out to the kickstarter site and there is discussion about this. Ares is stating that they are aware of the problem. The mats were shipped to them separately it seems. They state that they should be arriving 1-2 days after you receive the game in a separate shipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kixdsky wrote:
Ares is stating that they are aware of the problem. The mats were shipped to them separately it seems. They state that they should be arriving 1-2 days after you receive the game in a separate shipment.

Rolled mats are obviously going to be sent separately in a tube. I imagine some of the boxes and tubes are going to arrive separately and some at the same time, depending on what happens at the sorting facilities along the way. Even some maps before the game box. I wouldn't characterize it as a problem, or even an issue as Ares did, but a situation. Actually, knowing that the mats would have to be sent separately is why their charges for international shipping were so reasonable and why I got three!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured this might be the story. Was a little concerned but also suspected mailing tubes rather than in the (ingeniously-packed) box.

Beautiful throughout--except for one "smoke cloud," on which the "smoke puffs" were printed on a piece of wood which had been stamped with red letters, obviously the back of that particular piece.

No big deal, I'd planned to use stretched-out cotton balls anyway.

Will watch for those mats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bakke
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email providing tracking numbers for two separate shipments with the latter including the game mats. Apparently, a split shipment is the norm here. Not a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Barry,

The "brown with red letters" peels off of the smoke puffs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.