Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!

If by swim you mean float. The Byakee didn't seem to mind as I absent-mindedly reached to my left to deposit him in the monster cup and, having discovered the lip of a cup with my finger tips, stopped rather short of the monster cup and dropped him in my cup of coffee instead surprise

A warning to others to keep the mugs of liquid away from the mug of monsters, or maybe use a bag for the monsters instead. I quickly dried the tile off with a hair-drier but the edges are bit puffed up from taking on a bit of coffee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightgaunts are afraid of bodies of water, so my guess is that they can't swim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Capo
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot pick the monster token back up from the coffee unless an effect activates a spawn.

Also the rules state (page 5 of the Reference, bullet point 9, under Discarding):

"When monster tokens are discarded, they are returned to the monster cup, and the cup is randomized."

Clearly you violated the rules, as you had to mix the rest of the monsters into the coffee pool. The mechanic works wonderfully as the volume of tokens would have absorbed the liquid fully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
antoniocapo wrote:
You cannot pick the monster token back up from the coffee unless an effect activates a spawn.

Also the rules state (page 5 of the Reference, bullet point 9, under Discarding):

"When monster tokens are discarded, they are returned to the monster cup, and the cup is randomized."

Clearly you violated the rules, as you had to mix the rest of the monsters into the coffee pool. The mechanic works wonderfully as the volume of tokens would have absorbed the liquid fully.

This is very disappointing news. I guess my loss to Snub-N is now tainted with this rules mishap. I probably would have won if not for this mistake goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously they can....however they prefer BEER devil

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari Karppinen
Finland
flag msg tools
My dark young also took a swim in a coffee cup. I didn't even notice it for some time but when I was about to drop another monster in there I noticed my error. Damn was I terrified. I had too cups, one with coffee and another with monsters. How stupid can one be..? shake

It did fall apart to three pieces but I dried them and glued back together. Thankfully it's almost back to the way it was. It's just little brown from the coffee. I won't be making that mistake again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Capo
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huba81 wrote:
My dark young also took a swim in a coffee cup. I didn't even notice it for some time but when I was about to drop another monster in there I noticed my error. Damn was I terrified. I had too cups, one with coffee and another with monsters. How stupid can one be..? shake

It did fall apart to three pieces but I dried them and glued back together. Thankfully it's almost back to the way it was. It's just little brown from the coffee. I won't be making that mistake again.

A girl in our group brought a huge pink Hello Kitty cup for monsters. We all rolled our eyes. Guess she was right, we never missed that cup ever. It was calling to us suggestively": "In here, get in here..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.