Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Sebastien Dupuis
Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing the Big W mission and got confused about zombie movement and extra activation at the very end, when things were looking hopeless.

There are 2 survivors left on the map:
- Phil is in a building with two pistols, surrounded by tons of walkers, runners, fatties. He's doomed. Zombies in his zone and just next to his zone. All the walkers are on the board, none in the tray.
- Lea is far away in a building and alone, out of sight of all zombies.

Survivor Phase
- Phil is going to die anyway, so he spends 4 actions shooting, thus creating 4 noise tokens.
- Lea moves closer to one objective, but stays out of sight of zombies.

Zombie Phase
- Phil gets eaten, so the walkers in his zone do nothing else.
- The runners in his zone still have 1 action. Do they stay here because they see nobody and there's still 4 noise tokens in the zone?
- What about the zombies outside the killing zone? Do they move where Phil just died?
- Now I draw the 1st spawn card and get walkers. They are all on the board so they get an extra activation. Do they keep standing in Phil's zone?
- I draw the 2nd spawn card and get walkers again. Do they get another free activation or is the maximum 1 extra activation per phase?

I know the mission was hopeless at this stage, but I'd still like to understand the rules clearly here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The loudest zone will remain the same, but if 'in sight' should happen during any of this, things change. Extra activations can cascade out of control, so 'hopeless' gets no reprieve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Machado
Brazil
flag msg tools
Quote:
The loudest zone will remain the same, but if 'in sight' should happen during any of this, things change. Extra activations can cascade out of control, so 'hopeless' gets no reprieve.

The loudest zone remais the same but with one less noise "token" since the survivor there is already dead, right? Or does his "fresh corpse" angry count until the end of the zombies turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrPrO wrote:
Quote:

The loudest zone remais the same but with one less noise "token" since the survivor there is already dead, right?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Fontaine
France
flag msg tools
mb
Well to be the most precise :

noise tokens, be they actual tokens or living survivors (or zombievors), remains on the board up until after spawning. The tokens are removed at the very end of the turn, when every actors (survivors and zombies) have played.

Hence, when it's spawning time, and to go back to this thread's creator's question, if you have to place walkers and you are out of spare ones, all walkers get an extra activation. What they do depends on the same rules as when it's the zombie's turn, i.e :

1) if they are on the same zone as survivors, they attack

2) if not, if they see survivors they'll walk towards them

3) if they don't see survivors, they walk towards the nearest loudest zone. If they are already on it, they stay where they are (of course, if they are not in case 1) )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.