Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the top, right-hand corner of the screen where I list all the games I own there is the word "Permalink." What is it? What does it do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may have arrived at that page in some dynamic way. By clicking the Permalink, you get an address (URL) in your browser's address bar that will always bring you directly to that page. You could then bookmark that page in your browser, or (something I like to do) you could copy and paste it into one of the link locations in your Quickbar up at the top of the page. (Click "Edit" up there to add links to the Quickbar.)

Someone else will probably give you a more techie explanation if you want one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Permalink is always there. As Gary says, it's for bookmarking a particular set of Filter, Column, and View options (left side). Then you can call up that view with a bookmark or a Quickbar link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always wondered what that Quickbar was for. Thanks this was most helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's worth mentioning that the Quickbar is just like a bunch of browser bookmarks/favorites. So, if you're linking something you might need while looking at BGG, Quickbar is a good solution. If you want to start BGG in a particular place--like your subscriptions--a browser link may be quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Devine
Australia
Lara
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also use a converted version of the permalink for my owned games list.. Useful when someone I meet asks what games I have, or when checking out a new gaming group, as it's easy to remember.

http://tinyurl.com/BQGames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.