flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook says:

If at least one Threat card is on his space when the Engagement phase begins,
he must resolve step A. If there are no Threat cards on his
space, he must resolve step B.
A. Resolve Threat Cards
B. Resolve Text Box

If I resolve all the Threat cards, can I resolve the Text Box ability this turn? Or I need to move out this space and return to it to resolve Text Box (2 turns minimum)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A or B, can't do both. So you have to go away and come back to do the text box. You can use this to annoy people who have to do the text box in a particular space, move a threat card there (usually done via Power card text), even better if it's a really tough enemy devil .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man is correct. You cannot resolve the threat card AND the text box of a corner square. You MUST encounter the threat and end your turn.

Only once the threat is gone can you resolve the text box.

Using a special ability to put a threat card on the corner spaces to annoy players... yes it is very annoying. Make sure you play with good friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hobday
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused by this. If a space has threat icons and a text box, how do you ever do the text box? If I move there and draw cards I have to resolve them, I can't do the text box. So then next turn I have to move away. Then when I come back I have to draw cards again. I don't see how I ever resolve the text box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What spaces in particular are you referring to? Off the top of my head, I can think of two on the main board that have threat icons and text on them. But both Space Hulk and Guardians of the Rift (or whatever the space through which you enter the Warp Rift is called), their text is related to the Movement Phase, not Engagement Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hobday
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That must be what I was missing. I think I was on Guardians of the Rift. I didn't catch the part that the text was for movement phase.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.