Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I briefly saw an ad on the geek today for what looks to be a reprint of this game and I can't seem to get it to come back up again. I'd never heard of it before but it looks interesting and I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has played it what they think.

Other then the page here http://aka-games.com/website/?page_id=800 does anyone have any more info on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote to AKA directly, asking for some details, and received this response:

We're gonna launch a Kickstarter in January and will let everyone know about it. As the game is nearly ready (we're testing it again and again and working on a good translation), it will be released in August 2014 (for Gencon Indy). It will also be distributed in USA.

We changed mostly some rules, that, in 2005 disturbed many gamers who liked more tactical, german style games. Movement for instance, was determined by rolling dice. Now you may use this rule: life points +2 for movement. That means that if you're hurt, you move slower. The Absinth card is now only an option, too. A die is still used for combat and some other action cards. We improved the board too, as the previous squares were too small.

We also added the best cards of Whitechapel along with its additional rules. With Kickstarter, we'll be able to propose other surprises (PDF and new cards) and maybe minis.

Sounds like a winner to me! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firmino Martínez
Spain
Ponte Vedra
Galiza
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great.

When the new rules will be availables?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
franck florentin
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
For your information, the Kickstarter for the English version of London 1888 (based on the Second Edition) is up and running as of today.

Link: Follow the Ripper...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! This game looks so good! I will be ready for the next Kickstarter !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.