Subject: Of wood, markets & colonies. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabrizio Dallavalle
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

This question is about of timing for wood payment.
At page 10 in rulesbook, for both Commander and Discarding & Buying Wood, seem that the payment for wood is the last step of actions chain , so seem to be possible to place a ship on the board (in colonies or markets), without money nor wood in hand, to take reals from loot or markets and with these to pay for wood at the end of own turn.

I suppose that before to send my ship for colony or market, if it comes from my home supply, I must pay wood and goods, but if I must pay for wood only at the end of my turn:

1 I can take wood without paying for (I have a worker in Forest)
2 to Discard goods
3 to place ship in market
4 to gain money
.... ... and at the of turn pay for wood with money of point 4?

What's correct here?

Thanks F@b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Offical answer:
That is not right. You need to pay the wood for new ships in the moment you move them from your home. So you need to have the wood in front of you, or the Real and the access to pay for it.
You then pay the goods, and the last step is getting Real (Markets) and/or Rewards (Colonies)

Matthias Nagy
from What's Your Game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio Dallavalle
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matthias,

It's exactly what I suppose but I can't understand the " at the end of his turn he has to pay for the total of the wood he bought in his turn".

This is true / applicable :

1) at the end of a action in phase B (Guild Master)

2) at the end of phase D Maintenance

This isn't true /applicable :

1) at the end of a action in phase B (Commander)
2) using a Guild favor (navigator)

Because for these I must pay for wood in advance.

Is this correct?

Madeira is a greath game and this is the only point of rulesbook that leaves me some question points (minor) , not about the quality of it but only how to apply the rule!

Thank F@b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry that it confuses you.

The meaning of the end of his turn means, that when for example you build one ship, you pay 1, and then you build a second ship, you pay 2 for that, and not just another 1.

So you look at how many you have already paid in this turn, before it resets for your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio Dallavalle
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pzm52v pzm52v
Spain
Madrid - SPAIN
Madrid
flag msg tools
Hello,

Another question related to ships, colonies and markets.

May I move a ship inside a market having additional, for example sugar, from 2 to 4 and then, what happens?

1. I get the difference in reals from the ship with 2 sugar and now 4 sugar?

2. I would have paid 2 sugar for this move. Should I have paid 4 sugars, as I had come this ship from my pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pzm52v wrote:
May I move a ship inside a market having additional, for example sugar, from 2 to 4 and then, what happens?

As the rules say, when you land on a market spot, you discard the amount of resources specified. It doesn't matter where the ship came from. You then get the amount of money corresponding to the spot moved to. It sounds like you're trying to make it way more complicated than it is. Move to a spot, pay the resources shown, get the money, done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.