Subject: Xindi Faction Possible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I am an Enterprise apologist. I enjoyed the show, and I think season three was fantastic. Can we not turn this thread into an Enterprise hate/love argument thread?

In season 3 of Enterprise, the Xindi were shown lots. There could feasibly be a Xindi faction for Attack Wing. There were four or five types of Xindi ships shown, each quite different from the rest. The different types of Xindi and ships would be great for Attack Wing.

The aquatics, reptilians, insectoids, and arboreals / primates ships were all so awesome and different. The aquatics ships were huge, slow, and powerful. Insectoids were small, fast, and powerful. The primates' ships were science vessels. I could go on and on.

Anyone else think the Xindi faction would be playable? Would you be interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VarelseShrike wrote:
First off, I am an Enterprise apologist. I enjoyed the show, and I think season three was fantastic. Can we not turn this thread into an Enterprise hate/love argument thread?

In season 3 of Enterprise, the Xindi were shown lots. There could feasibly be a Xindi faction for Attack Wing. There were four or five types of Xindi ships shown, each quite different from the rest. The different types of Xindi and ships would be great for Attack Wing.

The aquatics, reptilians, insectoids, and arboreals / primates ships were all so awesome and different. The aquatics ships were huge, slow, and powerful. Insectoids were small, fast, and powerful. The primates' ships were science vessels. I could go on and on.

Anyone else think the Xindi faction would be playable? Would you be interested?

I quite agree that this would be a great faction!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
There's no need to apologize for Enterprise. It was a good show. Theme song was terrible though.

I don't know if a Xindi faction would be possible if it was designed the same way The Dominion was. Otherwise, it'd have the same problems with all the restrictions or extra points for various upgrades. Though, in a way, it'd make more sense since the Xindi didn't get along for most of their history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boogiums
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Well I would need to state what ships would be the feds? Nx-01 okay, but anything else? As there is a showing of a Vulcan ship, I can only assume there will be Andorian and what a Tellurite too? The Somral was a klingon ship that was rescued so that makes since. I wouldn't mind a Xindi faction to be included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pleeeease let there be an Andorian ship with a Shran captain....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At present apart from the Iconic TOS Romulan ship the models have pretty much stuck to those that have been included in their Tactics game.

So the only Enterprise era ships we can guarantee at present are the NX class, the Raptor, the Romulan BOP and the 2 Vulcan ships, but here's hoping.

Quote:

Keep a look out on my thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1090163/who-hates-the-vu...-

There's more to follow. I've bought 3 Andorian ships from Shapeways.

With regard to the NX class the show had 2 ships the Enterprise and the Columbia there was also a pre-federation "Intrepid class" and a Warp Delta class

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Intrepid

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Unnamed_Earth_starships#.22W...

I'm currently in the process of converting an Intrepid and it doesn't look too shabby so far (IISSM).

There are some Xindi ships available from Shapeways but I haven't got any yet.

Am I taking this too far?whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy them.

Also, they are apparently making new molds since I'm pretty sure those Tholian and Gorn ships are new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bradley
msg tools
If we have an OP based on pre-TOS stuff, I'd love to see Xindi stuff as the prizes, probably filling out the Independent faction. I'm imagining missions for First Contact, the Temporal Cold War, the Xindi, the Romulan War.... There's some potential there for after the Borg OP.

I missed most of the Xindi arc, but I liked what I saw. It seemed like Enterprise was finally finding its feet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Xindi aren't a united faction. The five sub-races only tolerate each other when faced with a (perceived) common threat. I don't see them being a real faction, although there is certainly room for them in the independent faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal favourite episodes "In a Mirror Darkly"

Mirror Universe Enterprise with Vulcans and Andorians etc rebelling against the Terran Empire plus a future Constitution class from the normal Universe (the USS Defiant) AND Tholians.

What more do you want.

Anyway I mentioned above the conversion I was doing for the Enterprise era Intrepid. Well here it is:

And the source pics from Memory Alpha:

All ready to help the Enterprise fight off the Xindi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Williams
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Startrek Tactics III already has the Columbia and Enterprise from the "Enterprise" show -

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/197620

I find it likely it will eventually show up in Attack Wing, since most of their ships seem to come from either their Fleet Battle game or Heroclix.

Lee W

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drscottkelly wrote:

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljw74us wrote:
Startrek Tactics III already has the Columbia and Enterprise from the "Enterprise" show -

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/197620

I find it likely it will eventually show up in Attack Wing, since most of their ships seem to come from either their Fleet Battle game or Heroclix.

Lee W

The NX class has already been announced as part of Wave 7 along with a second Vulcan ship.

I cut up 1 of my Tactics Columbias to make the Intrepid as there's no sculpt for it (yet?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a latecomer to this thread, sorry.

Behind TOS, Enterprise is my favorite Star Trek show. The Xindi would be a great faction to have!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psst...Andrew. Look, people besides me want this! Of course, I am sure it wouldn't be until 2015 or something. Still.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWaspinator wrote:
I'd buy them.

Also, they are apparently making new molds since I'm pretty sure those Tholian and Gorn ships are new.

As well as the wings-up BOP and Scimitar in wave 9. Seems we must be making them money, since they're willing to spring for new molds...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We now have:

Gal Gathong
Tholian Ship
Gorn Ship
Scimitar
Wings up B'Rel
Val Jean

None of which have been produced in Tactics to date, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we may get more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Norris
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VarelseShrike wrote:
Psst...Andrew. Look, people besides me want this! Of course, I am sure it wouldn't be until 2015 or something. Still.....

How right you were...

Xindi is coming in, "The Temporal Cold War" Storyline OP before the end of 2015!

OP Prizes are:

• Xindi Aquatic Ship (OP1)
• Xindi Reptilian Ship (OP2)
• Xindi Insectoid Ship (OP3)
• Xindi Weapon Ship (Grand Prize)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
I enjoyed enterprise overall. Not the one I liked most that's TOS,DS9,VOY,TNG and ENT in that order. I like the Xindi just would have liked the 3rd season be the start of the Romulan war, but I still liked the Xindi as a race and would love to see them as a faction. I really felt enterprise was hitting the mark its last season and wish we could have got another 3 years to see the Romulan war and find out that T'pol was 1/2 Vulcan- 1/2 romulan...lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Romulan war would have been cool, and I'd give my firstborn child to see Shran serving on the Enterprise, but honestly everything else I've read about Season 5 makes it sound like bad fanfic. Coto probably would have pulled it off, though. Ah well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
The Romulan war would have been cool, and I'd give my firstborn child to see Shran serving on the Enterprise, but honestly everything else I've read about Season 5 makes it sound like bad fanfic. Coto probably would have pulled it off, though. Ah well.

It was only in the planning stages so it's not surprising if the ideas are unrefined and a bit all over the place. I'd bet ideas for DS9 seasons would have looked incredibly unpolished at the stage they would have been at with Enterprise season 5 when it was cancelled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.