Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like we may be doing this part wrong in our 3 player game. Here are the rules for 3 player Character selection:

Quote:
The Three-player Game
The player with the Crown takes the Character Deck, places a random card facedown in the middle of the table, and then secretly chooses a character for himself. He then passes the remaining character cards to the player on his left, who also chooses a card, and then passes the remaining cards to the left, etc. This continues until each player has chosen two cards from the Character Deck. The last player selects one of the two remaining cards and places the last card facedown in the center of the table.

By my reading, the King places one of the 8 character cards facedown. He/she then selects a character and passes to the left. This continues until the last person picks up the facedown card. The last player selects 1 character from the 3 available, correct?

The other way to read it is that the last player selects a second character, and then selects a third character from the remaining 2, after picking up the facedown card.

I think that the initial way I stated it is correct.

Any thoughts? I am CLEARLY a bit confused.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As written, it does not say anything about the last player picking up the facedown card. (This different than the rules for 2 player).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Completely correct on your part. I was mixing up the two player rules and the 3 player rules.

Ugh!! blush

Thanks,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prismattic wrote:
As written, it does not say anything about the last player picking up the facedown card. (This different than the rules for 2 player).

Bit confused?! The rules I have say nothing about the last player in the two player game picking up the facedown card?? They do however mention this process for a seven player game.

Personally I think that the written three player rules need to be adapted to prevent the Thief/Assassin being too powerful - see this thread.

Quote:
Two-player Game
1. The player who has the Crown marker (Player A) shuffles the Character Deck and places a random character card facedown in the center of the table. He then secretly selects a character card from the remaining cards and passes the remaining six character cards to the other player (Player B).
2. Player B selects one card from the Character Deck for himself and then chooses and places another character card facedown in the center of the table. He then passes the remaining four character cards to Player A.
3. Player A selects one of the remaining four character cards for himself, and then he chooses and places another character card facedown in the center of the table. He then passes the remaining two character cards to Player B.
4. Player B takes one of the remaining character cards and places the last character card facedown in the center of the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.