Hide
9 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Storage with the main box, and extra cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
I sleeve my cards. How much space is there in the main box for all bits, main set cards, and extra cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammond
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to split into a second box after I picked up creation and control. Up until then, with some creative organizing, I was able to keep everything in the original box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milen Krastev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can fit everything released to date if you make 3 rows inside your core box.
This is with one core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The core box is WAY TOO BIG I have everything up to the moment and I've changed boxes several times to intentionally not use the core box for storage, because I like to keep it easier to carry. Right now I'm at Thunderstone expansion box (still smaller than Netrunner Core box)

Oh yes you have to make your own inserts, that single file in the original layout won't hold everything. But there's plenty of space in the box itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
With a bit of slightly creative folding, you can make three rows out of the one in the core box. This image is from a while back:

I meanwhile use two core boxes, one for the corp cards and one for the runner ones. Guess I'll have to make a new picture some time. I only need that because I own three cores and two each of everything else though, otherwise one box would still be plenty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Until recently, I kept all of my cards in the core box. I flipped the insert over and had just enough room for all the cards (sleeved) after Second Thoughts. With the latest data pack, I've switched over to using longboxes because the core box wasn't really able to hold any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got a few more days if you want to get in on this:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1144387021/board-game-st...

Or another source (one which I use for SW, LotR, and ANR):
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/152772/uk-based-card-stora...

Of course, be aware what you're getting. For instance if you use FFG sleeves, you'll get them wet from your tears when you realize they're just slightly too big for those solutions.

Or use those as inspiration to craft your own however you see fit. You can also go to a hobby store like Michaels and find some plastic organization holders that fit nicely in the core box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray F
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LonerVamp wrote:
You've got a few more days if you want to get in on this:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1144387021/board-game-st...

Or another source (one which I use for SW, LotR, and ANR):
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/152772/uk-based-card-stora...

Of course, be aware what you're getting. For instance if you use FFG sleeves, you'll get them wet from your tears when you realize they're just slightly too big for those solutions.

Or use those as inspiration to craft your own however you see fit. You can also go to a hobby store like Michaels and find some plastic organization holders that fit nicely in the core box.

I thought they said the go7gaming ASB boxes fit FFG-sleeved cards in the vertical position, and that it was just the LGC boxes that couldn't accommodate the FFG sleeves. Am I wrong on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greybeard17 wrote:
I thought they said the go7gaming ASB boxes fit FFG-sleeved cards in the vertical position, and that it was just the LGC boxes that couldn't accommodate the FFG sleeves. Am I wrong on this?

You are correct. The LCG boxes (the inserts with rigid cage that fit inside the actual box the FFG LCGs come in) will not fit the FFG sleeves, but the EXT or ASB ones will because they're arranged to hold the cards vertically since they aren't built with the constraint to fit inside the original box (which necessitates cards lying on the long edge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.