Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Hegemonic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions on specific technology cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo Ciardulli
Italy
Trento
TN
flag msg tools
badge
May all beings be happy. Whatever beings there may be, whether they are weak or strong, without exception, long, big, medium, short or small, whether visible or invisible, those living near or far, those born or to-be-born, may all beings be happy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Dyson sphere assembly.
1A. Only the gate(s) in the conflict sector (if defending) or in the sector with the attacking complexes (if attacking) provide +1 Power. Not the gates which are in other sectors, even if containing complexes that are adding their power to the defending or attacking complexes. Correct?
1B. If in the conflict hex there are no friendly complexes, but only gate(s) are under attack, does the "+1" Power for each gate apply?

2. Sentient propaganda.
2A. When this card is active it is possible to build or start a political attack in a sector adjacent to the sector where the agent is. Correct?
2B. In this case can a gate be used to build or start a conflict in a sector which is not directly adjacent? (The reason of this question is that in the rules it is explicitly specified that an agent can't move through a gate, but not that it can't use a gate for other purposes).

3. PSI-subversion probes.
3A. When this card is active it is possible to build or start a martial attack in a sector adjacent to the sector where the fleet is. Correct?
3B. In this case can a gate be used to build or start a conflict in a sector which is not directly adjacent?

4. Braine manipulation.
4A. I suppose that if I have a stack of outposts, I have to pay 2 CAPs for each single outpost I move. Correct?
4B. Can I move an outpost adding it to another stack of my outposts still having room for another outpost? (I am asking because I am not sure what "open Martial Location" exactly means. In particular what does that "open" mean exactly?)

Thank you for your help.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oceano wrote:

1. Dyson sphere assembly.
1A. Only the gate(s) in the conflict sector (if defending) or in the sector with the attacking complexes (if attacking) provide +1 Power. Not the gates which are in other sectors, even if containing complexes that are adding their power to the defending or attacking complexes. Correct?
1B. If in the conflict hex there are no friendly complexes, but only gate(s) are under attack, does the "+1" Power for each gate apply?


Correct.

Yes. The wording is a little unclear, but yet it would.

Quote:
2. Sentient propaganda.
2A. When this card is active it is possible to build or start a political attack in a sector adjacent to the sector where the agent is. Correct?
2B. In this case can a gate be used to build or start a conflict in a sector which is not directly adjacent? (The reason of this question is that in the rules it is explicitly specified that an agent can't move through a gate, but not that it can't use a gate for other purposes).


Yes.

Yes.

Quote:
3. PSI-subversion probes.
3A. When this card is active it is possible to build or start a martial attack in a sector adjacent to the sector where the fleet is. Correct?
3B. In this case can a gate be used to build or start a conflict in a sector which is not directly adjacent?


Yes.

Yes.

Quote:
4. Braine manipulation.
4A. I suppose that if I have a stack of outposts, I have to pay 2 CAPs for each single outpost I move. Correct?
4B. Can I move an outpost adding it to another stack of my outposts still having room for another outpost? (I am asking because I am not sure what "open Martial Location" exactly means. In particular what does that "open" mean exactly?)

Thank you for your help.


Yes.

Yes you can move on top of another outpost if you'd normally be allowed to do so.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Ciardulli
Italy
Trento
TN
flag msg tools
badge
May all beings be happy. Whatever beings there may be, whether they are weak or strong, without exception, long, big, medium, short or small, whether visible or invisible, those living near or far, those born or to-be-born, may all beings be happy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your quick answer, Oliver.

Actually I have other questions that I posted in another thread (because it is a different subject). I hope I am not abusing of your patience. I promise not to ask any more questions, at least for today

I find the rules well explained in any case. These are very special and rare cases.

Thank you for your beautiful game too!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- - - - - -
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The SENTIENT PROPAGANDA card says: "The Range of your Agents is extended by one Sector, allowing your Agents to target actions into adjacent Sectors."

What does target actions mean?
A. My agent can target only my actions: build or attack in adjacent hexes.
B. My agent can target all actions in adjacent sectors, including other player's actions, meaning that my agent can add it's +1 power to a defending embassy in an adjacent hex?

Same question for the PSI-SUBVERSION PROBES card.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The PREDICTIVE ALGORITHMS card says: If one of your gates is about to be destroyed, you may pay 1 CAP per individual Gate and relocate it to another valid position.

What does 1 CAP per individual Gate mean?
A. 1 Cap per one “half” of a Quantum Gate
B. 1 Cap per both “halves” of a Quantum Gate

Can I relocate both “halves” of a Quantum Gate or only the “half” in the conflict sector?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
adrim wrote:
The SENTIENT PROPAGANDA card says: "The Range of your Agents is extended by one Sector, allowing your Agents to target actions into adjacent Sectors."

What does target actions mean?
A. My agent can target only my actions: build or attack in adjacent hexes.
B. My agent can target all actions in adjacent sectors, including other player's actions, meaning that my agent can add it's +1 power to a defending embassy in an adjacent hex?

Same question for the PSI-SUBVERSION PROBES card.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The PREDICTIVE ALGORITHMS card says: If one of your gates is about to be destroyed, you may pay 1 CAP per individual Gate and relocate it to another valid position.

What does 1 CAP per individual Gate mean?
A. 1 Cap per one “half” of a Quantum Gate
B. 1 Cap per both “halves” of a Quantum Gate

Can I relocate both “halves” of a Quantum Gate or only the “half” in the conflict sector?


Good questions. It's (A) in both cases.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- - - - - -
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your answers and for this ingenious system
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.