Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wounds question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Major Annoyance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Played our first game today. How do the wounds cards work? Can I place them in any spot, equipt or empty? How specifically are they placed on the character card??

I know its a simple one but I wasn't sure Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, when you take a wound you can choose which card you drop and may place the wound card anywhere in your inventory. It doesn't have to be 'equipped', but it takes up a slot so reduces what you can carry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure when you receive a wound you have to discard a weapon in your inventory and the wound card replaces that weapon card. So if it was in your hand then you would have to spend an action on your next turn to shuffle things around. I could be wrong but that's how I have been playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanThe Man wrote:
I'm pretty sure when you receive a wound you have to discard a weapon in your inventory and the wound card replaces that weapon card. So if it was in your hand then you would have to spend an action on your next turn to shuffle things around. I could be wrong but that's how I have been playing it.

Isn't great that we can just check the rulebook?
A Zombie’s Attack is always successful and does not require any dice rolls. It snatches, if possible, an Equipment card the Survivor is carrying. The player who controls that Survivor chooses an Equipment and discards its card. The Survivor receives a Wounded card, which replaces the lost Equipment. When he reorganizes his Survivor’s inventory, the player may move this Wounded card just like an Equipment card, but he cannot discard or trade it, and it reduces the amount of Equipment the Survivor can carry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Annoyance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So there are two different opinions there?? We have been playing it the way I interpreted the rule book and always putting the wound card in a spot that REPLACES a piece of equipment - either in reserve or equipt as the 2 front cards. If on the rare occasion that a survivor has no equipment at all then it could be placed in any spot straight away I assume.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Fontaine
France
flag msg tools
mb
longagoigo wrote:

Isn't great that we can just check the rulebook?

Something I wonder whether some people do actually?

Back on topic, when a survivor is wounded, he/she receives a wound card and discard any equipment he/she carries, and replace it with the wound card.
There's no talk of rearranging the inventory or anything as a result. If you discarded a weapon from his/her hand, in any way he/she would have only one weapon to use subsequently, unless he/she spends an action to rearrange his/her inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh it's equipment not weapons only, my bad. Hmmmm my game just got easier then lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Annoyance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for everything guys but I guess what i'm actually asking is, does the wound have to be one of the front two cards or can it be an item in the reserve area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xie79 wrote:
Thanks for everything guys but I guess what i'm actually asking is, does the wound have to be one of the front two cards or can it be an item in the reserve area?

Stephanie Baynes wrote:
yes, when you take a wound you can choose which card you drop and may place the wound card anywhere in your inventory. It doesn't have to be 'equipped', but it takes up a slot so reduces what you can carry.

Page 12: A Zombie’s Attack is always successful and does not require any dice rolls. It snatches, if possible, an Equipment card the Survivor is carrying. The player who controls that Survivor chooses an Equipment and discards its card. The Survivor receives a Wounded card, which replaces the lost Equipment. When he reorganizes his Survivor’s inventory, the player may move this Wounded card just like an Equip- ment card, but he cannot discard or trade it, and it reduces the amount of Equipment the Survivor can carry.
thumbsupzombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Fontaine
France
flag msg tools
mb
bigblock75 wrote:
Xie79 wrote:

Stephanie Baynes wrote:

Page 12: A Zombie’s Attack is always successful and does not require any dice rolls. It snatches, if possible, an Equipment card the Survivor is carrying. The player who controls that Survivor chooses an Equipment and discards its card. The Survivor receives a Wounded card, which replaces the lost Equipment. When he reorganizes his Survivor’s inventory, the player may move this Wounded card just like an Equip- ment card, but he cannot discard or trade it, and it reduces the amount of Equipment the Survivor can carry.
thumbsupzombie

Already said, so to answer Xie79's question, you discard the equipment you want, not necessarily one in one of your survivor's two hand. I don't see why it doesn't seem clear from the rulebook entry.
I think people tend to interpret too much the rules, and so start to mix what the rules say with their realistic vision.

Just stick to what's actually written in the rulebook, there is little interpretation to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
depesz depesz
Poland
Magdalenka
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
azhagmorglum wrote:
Just stick to what's actually written in the rulebook, there is little interpretation to do.

I was just pointed here from other thread.

Simple note - the problem might be that the rulebook states something else in different language. For example, my Polish rulebook states:

"Jeśli to możliwe, wyrywa kartę ekwipunku, którą Bohater niesie w ręku."

Which translates to:

"If possible, snatches equipment card that Survivor has in hand."

But I take it, now, that that's just translation error, and will stick to the version from English manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.