Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Although I know that this particular game IS NOT for those that are in a budget, I can not withstand the idea of buying $300+ in miniatures from Star Trek Tactics just to form a Borg faction.

Do you guys have any idea of what to use and buy regarding this, while keeping it to a budget?

Links ae welcome!

Bruno

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a few months and buy the Star Trek Attack Wing minis that are coming out starting in April 2014? If you're looking for something you can do today, I'd just go with cards and some generic tokens to represent the ships. It won't look anywhere near as nice, but it's something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
Wait a few months and buy the Star Trek Attack Wing minis that are coming out starting in April 2014?

I just noticed that.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy wooden cubes. Spraypaint them black. Use a silver gel-pen to scribble a bunch of lines on each face. Done.

Put them on the base when playing.

Use different sizes to represent different ships, and use a wooden sphere for a borg sphere.

When it comes to proxies the Borg are the most boring and the most simple race to model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at prices and found them a bit expensive, specially the edition with ramdom miniatures (a tactical cube for $50??????).

I found Miniature Market with better shipping prices (coolstuff charged me $50 for 1 miniature!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some great papercraft models you can print online as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.