Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the Helo escape mini expansion is listed here on BGG as separate expansion, I will post my questions here in the main forum, because it seems, that it is also part of the kickstarter main game. And to admit, I believe, that noone would ever check the rules forums of the mini expansions. So, here it goes.

(1) The rules say, that the heli tile must be positioned at one of the tiles with windows, to be able to enter it. I wonder, if this includes the entrance hall, which optically does not seem to have windows?

Working assumption: The heli tile can be entered via the entrance hall.

(2) The heli expansion changes the game in a way, that it continues after the death of the nemesis. Since the nemesis acts similar to a creature, I wonder, if it grants 2 XP for every survivor after its death?

Working assumption: Everyone gets 2 XP, after the nemesis died.

(3) Now it gets a little bit complicated again, please forgive me to be pendantic again, but I want to know the exact rule. What exactly happens on the multi-tracker, after the nemesis died, when you play with the heli expansion?

Working assumption: The event marker stays, where it is, the darkness marker is reset, the cubes on the spaces stay where they are, the game just continues with more actions of the survivors or, as special case, with an event phase, if and only if the cubes are shifted immediately after the death of the nemesis. Game is now immediately lost in the moment, the darkness marker is progressed from "3" to "4" (yes I know, 4 more rounds, but the marker starts on 0). Everything right?

(4) I assume, the heli tile is considered as being outside of the house for all purposes during the game, so for example, fire cannot spread to it (by a gas leak, for example), zombies cannot enter it (by knockback for example)?

(5) Survivors cannot enter the heli tile before having killed the nemesis, I assume? Otherwise the heli tile would be a quite secure tile because of (4), and because you could "circle" with it around the house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Although the Helo escape mini expansion is listed here on BGG as separate expansion, I will post my questions here in the main forum, because it seems, that it is also part of the kickstarter main game. And to admit, I believe, that noone would ever check the rules forums of the mini expansions. So, here it goes.

(1) The rules say, that the heli tile must be positioned at one of the tiles with windows, to be able to enter it. I wonder, if this includes the entrance hall, which optically does not seem to have windows?

Working assumption: The heli tile can be entered via the entrance hall.

(2) The heli expansion changes the game in a way, that it continues after the death of the nemesis. Since the nemesis acts similar to a creature, I wonder, if it grants 2 XP for every survivor after its death?

Working assumption: Everyone gets 2 XP, after the nemesis died.

(3) Now it gets a little bit complicated again, please forgive me to be pendantic again, but I want to know the exact rule. What exactly happens on the multi-tracker, after the nemesis died, when you play with the heli expansion?

Working assumption: The event marker stays, where it is, the darkness marker is reset, the cubes on the spaces stay where they are, the game just continues with more actions of the survivors or, as special case, with an event phase, if and only if the cubes are shifted immediately after the death of the nemesis. Game is now immediately lost in the moment, the darkness marker is progressed from "3" to "4" (yes I know, 4 more rounds, but the marker starts on 0). Everything right?

(4) I assume, the heli tile is considered as being outside of the house for all purposes during the game, so for example, fire cannot spread to it (by a gas leak, for example), zombies cannot enter it (by knockback for example)?

(5) Survivors cannot enter the heli tile before having killed the nemesis, I assume? Otherwise the heli tile would be a quite secure tile because of (4), and because you could "circle" with it around the house.

1) Yes, it can be accessed from the entrance hall, as it is part of the outside border.

2) No. Defeating the nemesis is an award in itself

3) Yes, correct. The multitracker system continues, as there are still zombies that will be activated.

4) No. The fire can spread to the heli.
In fact, en epic game I once played had an uncanny fire spreading turn after turn, allowing the fire moving towards the heli in a straight line. As a result, it was destroyed just before entering.

5) Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
4) No. The fire can spread to the heli.
In fact, en epic game I once played had an uncanny fire spreading turn after turn, allowing the fire moving towards the heli in a straight line. As a result, it was destroyed just before entering.

Uh-oh, this is indeed an epic course of play...

Sorry, to try to make it crystal clear: Simply said, everything can happen to the heli tile, from game beginning on (except of course that it cannot be rolled for summoning, because it is out of the die grid), right?

That means, fire on the heli early in the game (= before the showdown) is very dangerous, because you cannot enter the tile, to extinguish the fire, not even by the sprinkler control, I assume?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.