Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is for my new GeekList, Android Netrunner Post FAQ 1.3 Rulings From FFG.

If you have any threads that pertain to this card, shoot me the link so I can add them to the page. I am looking to consolidate Official Rulings until a new FAQ is released.

Links:
Sundew and Run Events

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So there is basically one original thread for each ruling on the forum, plus you make one extra thread that has a link to the original thread and a link to the collection of rulings from those original threads?

Are you sure it won't be better if you just made one thread, and each link to each original ruling thread would be just one post in your thread, and not a new thread?

Like, people who post links to new articles (original articles they wrote themselves) on their websites, they usually do that. only MagicDave and AlexFrog make a new thread for each new article, but they, like, have reputation, or something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:
So there is basically one original thread for each ruling on the forum, plus you make one extra thread that has a link to the original thread and a link to the collection of rulings from those original threads?

Are you sure it won't be better if you just made one thread, and each link to each original ruling thread would be just one post in your thread, and not a new thread?

Like, people who post links to new articles (original articles they wrote themselves) on their websites, they usually do that. only MagicDave and AlexFrog make a new thread for each new article, but they, like, have reputation, or something...

Well it's nothing to do with reputation, it's like, you're making threads of threads to put in another thread. Why not just have one place that gets updated? I don't see the value that each of these individual threads that do nothing but link to another thread have.

I'm tempted to make a "Yo Dawg" meme for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tuism wrote:
Well it's nothing to do with reputation.

It was just a chain of thought. I wanted to make an example of those threads which people update once in a while with links to their new articles, but then a counter-argumented myself with MagicDave and AlexFrog example, and now I had to get out of the trap I got myself into

Basically what I'n trying to say is, in some cases it's worth doing a new thread every time - if you expect people to comment on that a lot, that is, - but in this case I, personally, don't think it's justified. Just my opinion, folks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please stop making threads for individual, pre-existing card rulings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
not the first time something like this happens, remember when someone was spamming a thread everytime the full art for a card was released? glad that stopped.

just tell people to subscribe to your geeklist. they will be notified everytime it's updated. there's no need for a new thread. if you really like to post though, post it all in one thread and tell people to subscribe to the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuism wrote:
I'm tempted to make a "Yo Dawg" meme for this.

That was my first thought. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yo Dawgs,

There a couple of reasons to do this.

* While some have just one thread others have more. And, I have found other threads with the same topic after the fact. E.g., Tusim's thread on Accelerated Diagnostics was single until I found another thread devoted to the issue.
* I have no control over the titles of other peoples threads.
* It also allows for future threads on the same card to be consolidated.

If I could post a GeekList without a thread (or a game, publisher, etc.) attached I would. I am sorry that this annoys you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saracenus wrote:
If I could post a GeekList without a thread (or a game, publisher, etc.) attached I would. I am sorry that this annoys you.

It's less ideal, but perhaps you could link to the most informative thread on the subject, or just link to the game/expansion of the card for the item and within the item actually link to the relevant threads.

I for one don't actually mind these compilation threads, but I doubt they'll have relevant discussion in them themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
Saracenus wrote:

It's less ideal, but perhaps you could link to the most informative thread on the subject, or just link to the game/expansion of the card for the item and within the item actually link to the relevant threads.

I for one don't actually mind these compilation threads, but I doubt they'll have relevant discussion in them themselves.

****EDIT****
I may have found another work around, but I need to make sure I am not pissing off the BGG Admins when I do it. Ideally, there would be a way to pin the list to an image upload but I can't do that. I however can create a GeekList that is private and unsubmitted with the Title I want and put it into the active GeekList.

This is not the original purpose (Yo Dawg, I see that you like GeekLists so I put a GeekList in your GeekList!) and as soon as I figure out who to talk to about this I will implement it upon approval. I have already tested it and it works from a technical standpoint.

****EDIT****

They were never intended to be discussion threads. They link to discussion threads and act as GeekList Title holders. The only thing I have asked for is links to other threads on the subject. I cannot Police every single rule thread. I am sure there are a couple of Lukas answers out there buried in threads I have not read.

I do want you all to realize that you are not the target audience for my GeekList. My target audience is the vast majority of users that don't join the debate and a subset of them that are Tournament Organizers. Everything I am doing is to make it really easy for someone in the middle of tourney to look up a ruling and/or find the original thread(s).

These also server another purpose. Their titles are consistent which means doing a title search for Official Rulings will pop all my threads with links. They will not stay on the front page for long.

I will try and reduce the number of compilation threads to spare folks the indignity of having to see them in the rules section.

I know most of you who have posted up here voicing you concerns are the rules warriors. I see your names in most of the threads. You guys actually send in questions instead of posting umpteen millions about how you are right. I appreciate all that you guys do because I certainly don't have the time to do it.

Oh, and one last thing. The reason there is a flurry of posts right now is I am about two months behind in compiling this GeekList. We have not had a new FAQ since October and there is a lot of back fill to be done. Once that is completed my posting should dial down to a pittance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would not having one thread titled "official rulings compilation" serve the same purpose, as in if someone searches "official rulings whatever" they'll probably reach the same content as many threads with "official ruling" in them? You could update the OP or even reserve a few posts after if you feel like organizing it a bit or something.

However I doubt many rules searcher would go with the search term "official ruling whatever". Just a hunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.