Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states that if there are no cells on the board, the us-player wins.

I played a card and used the ops to kill the last cell on the board. After that the event added one cell to a country. Did the us-player win because the board had no cells after his action? Or should the game go on because the event placed a cell on the board after the action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about victory whit no cells on the board
r56ygf wrote:
The rulebook states that if there are no cells on the board, the us-player wins.

I played a card and used the ops to kill the last cell on the board. After that the event added one cell to a country. Did the us-player win because the board had no cells after his action? Or should the game go on because the event placed a cell on the board after the action?

The US player wins the instant that there are no Jihadist cells on the board. The event never happens because the game is over.

This is a really good case for doing the Ops first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about victory whit no cells on the board
Thank you, we thought that I would have won, but we had our doubts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
r56ygf wrote:
Thank you, we thought that I would have won, but we had our doubts.

In the War in Terror, there is no room for doubt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going from memory, but I am nearly certain that if you are playing Solo, the "no cells on the board" instant victory condition is not possible. So, the above posts are accurate if you were playing 2-player, but not if you are playing Solo.

EDIT: I looked it up to make sure, and removing the last cell is *not* an auto-victory in Solo, but it is in 2-player, as I suspected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily it was a 2-player game. I don't play the solo game anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.