Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Finca» Forums » General

Subject: Finca & Cinque Terre? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I already own Cinque Terre and actually enjoy it a lot. I just saw Finca in my FLGS and am wondering if they are too similar to own both. Should I purchase? Thanks for any thoughts.
Karen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Karenv731 wrote:
I already own Cinque Terre and actually enjoy it a lot. I just saw Finca in my FLGS and am wondering if they are too similar to own both. Should I purchase? Thanks for any thoughts.
Karen.

They are similar, but quite different. I like Finca because it's very accessible even to casual/non-gamers.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great - thank you for your quick replies. Looks like I'm getting Finca!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both - liked both from a first play.

Played Finca several times, each time a great experience. Played Cinque Terre a handful of times. Not a bad game by any means, but if I could only keep one, it would be Finca.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Finca is out of stock on most online retailers and the Amazon scalpers are running up the price (currently $89). I'd grab it if you can!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kaziam wrote:
Finca is out of stock on most online retailers and the Amazon scalpers are running up the price (currently $89). I'd grab it if you can!
I noticed that after I did some online searching late last night. I went and bought it this morning for $39.00! Glad I did it and glad it was still there!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kaziam wrote:
Finca is out of stock on most online retailers and the Amazon scalpers are running up the price (currently $89). I'd grab it if you can!


Yeah, I feel the same way when I go into a bookstore and see a first edition marked above retail. Scalping I tell ya. shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jazzuu wrote:
I own both - liked both from a first play.

Played Finca several times, each time a great experience. Played Cinque Terre a handful of times. Not a bad game by any means, but if I could only keep one, it would be Finca.


Exact opposite reaction. Finca is really only a good game at 2p. Cinque Terre is good for at least 2p-3p. 4p is probably still good. I doubt 5p. Finca at max player count is chaos. CT is the deeper game with more strategy. Own both, but I'd sell Finca in a heartbeat if someone offered me enough money for it. I'm keeping CT indefinitely regardless of its worth.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
Avatar
mbmbmb
travvller wrote:
Yeah, I feel the same way when I go into a bookstore and see a first edition marked above retail. Scalping I tell ya. shake

It's not really same thing. Maybe if 'paperback edition' of Finca existed.. Scandinavian edition of Finca is readily available by the way. It costs 30€ so about 40$. It's called 'Mallorca'. Not sure how to get it to USA though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
max_s wrote:
travvller wrote:
Yeah, I feel the same way when I go into a bookstore and see a first edition marked above retail. Scalping I tell ya. shake

It's not really same thing. Maybe if 'paperback edition' of Finca existed.. Scandinavian edition of Finca is readily available by the way. It costs 30€ so about 40$. It's called 'Mallorca'. Not sure how to get it to USA though.


It's not an exact analogy, but it still fits. Supply and demand. And with that comes how collectible something is. The only real difference is that a board game can go down in worth if it's reprinted, not so with a first edition book. However, there is a book comparison. There are nonfiction books that sell for hundreds of dollars that are worth that much because they haven't been reprinted, not because anyone cares about the edition. If those books were reprinted the value of the books would plummet. So the direct analogy in that situation is actually almost identical.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.