Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alicia
United States
flag msg tools
badge
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
mbmbmbmbmb

Holy Cow!!!!! My Archive Case had 41 Artifacts and 17 Specializations. I'm not complaining but has any one else had that large of an amount in Artifacts/Specializations?

edit: rotate images
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nope. Apparently, you got them all. I'm half-serious- there's a couple threads devoted to the wonky Archive case sorting on the ST official message boards. Lots of people reporting opening multiple cases and getting *none*. Perhaps some trading is in order...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I am really getting surprised at the poor distribution so far. It looks like the factory packing the cards did one hell of a poor job shuffling them! Not good except it will be good for trading.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah. I just pulled the trigger and ordered a couple boxes off the website- the cheap deal (until xmas?) was just too good to pass up. I'm still waiting on my core sets, and I didn't get any boxes in the original KS. So I keep seeing all these stories about weird distribution, and I wonder how it'll turn out for me.

In any case, Alicia, if you're game I'll trade you for a bunch of those multiples, assuming you still have them when I open my stuff. If I do the math right, you only got 2 non-artifact/specialization rares? I really don't see myself getting into the game enough to use many (any?) level 4 spells, so I'll probably have no trouble trading them away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl McLaurine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotic wrote:
Nope. Apparently, you got them all. I'm half-serious- there's a couple threads devoted to the wonky Archive case sorting on the ST official message boards. Lots of people reporting opening multiple cases and getting *none*. Perhaps some trading is in order...

I have one of those threads. I got NOTHING but an obscene amount of duplicates of Level 3 spells.

Very angry here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotic wrote:
Yeah. I just pulled the trigger and ordered a couple boxes off the website- the cheap deal (until xmas?) was just too good to pass up. I'm still waiting on my core sets, and I didn't get any boxes in the original KS. So I keep seeing all these stories about weird distribution, and I wonder how it'll turn out for me.

In any case, Alicia, if you're game I'll trade you for a bunch of those multiples, assuming you still have them when I open my stuff. If I do the math right, you only got 2 non-artifact/specialization rares? I really don't see myself getting into the game enough to use many (any?) level 4 spells, so I'll probably have no trouble trading them away.

I'm up for trading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pedersen
United States
Oxford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I got two cases of inscriptions. I've only opened the first one. Out of 30 packs, only one or two did not have at least one specialization or artifact. While I don't know how many I got (I've already done the first phase of sorting, so won't easily figure it out either), I do know that I'm around the same level.

In fact, while opening, it became a normal pattern for me: Pick off the avak-shar card, put the two artifacts (sometimes, though much more rarely, one spec/one artifact) off to the side, and sort the spells.

I'm definitely going to be up for some trading soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Must have inkwell of shadows!

I'm looking forward to finding out if it will be easy to get the cards we need using the card codes... I'm happy with the cards distributions I got in my archive case and only want about 6 more cards... Not really looking forward to dealing with the random case distribution if I can simple trade (or use codes) for them instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a card list yet for the first series?

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Yee
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy poor distribution Batman! O.O!

I haven't finished opening my box yet (Holiday stuff) but man I've got zero so far. :|

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pedersen
United States
Oxford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
And now I've finished opening and sorting (phase 1) the second box. I got no artifacts or specializations in there.

Now, I need to merge both boxes piles of cards, then sort them by sphere, then by spell level, and figure out what all I have. And then build a codex finally.

It's fun work, at least
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I would like to get in some trades too - I got a lot of dupes of my rares so far. I bought 7 inscription cases, but have only opened two of them so far....going slowly, enjoying the experience.

Would like to find a box with 58 artifacts/specializations!

Yea, it looks like the factory really screwed the pooch ion collating the spiffy cards!! That's too bad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat R
United States
Peculiar
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So hard not to hate you!!!! :-) JK. Would have loved to get so many though. I did fine on artifacts, but Meh on specializations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Full
United States
Vienna
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This bums me out so much. I didn't get a single artifact or specialization in my case.

I'm like the poor mud magi that is talked about on the flavor text for Corrode Construct.

Actually though, it is really disappointing to get none of those and to clearly see it was a randomization error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
miyu wrote:
This bums me out so much. I didn't get a single artifact or specialization in my case.

I'm like the poor mud magi that is talked about on the flavor text for Corrode Construct.

Actually though, it is really disappointing to get none of those and to clearly see it was a randomization error.

I got my stuff today. I opened three of my cases. Two of the cases had strictly spells. The third one had one artifact in each pack along with the usual spells with an occasional specialization in place of the lone artifact. So, yeah, there is a big randomization problem. I didn't get any massive dupe problems though. The Avak shar is going to be important.

That said, the game looks absolutely awesome!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one case I opened so far had one Artifact or Specialization per pack except for the first pack I opened. Now I'm concerned about opening the others since this seems to be a problem.

I also got a Cards Against Humanity sheet cut in to the Serpent's Tongue card size. I dumbfounded on how to cast that or what the hand sign would be. I'm guessing it's a middle finger in a circular motion. Did anyone get a "transmute card" spell? If so, I'll trade you for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lizardbaby wrote:
So hard not to hate you!!!! :-)

Getting 57 specs/artifacts in one case is super nice, but the down side is that my other cards are damaged or misprinted. Blank Avak-Shar cards, torn cards and cards that have stuck together. soblue

edit: quote added

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
6 cases of inscription packs, and one artifact, no specs.

Really bad in other ways, too, randomization-wise. I've sent an email, but I don't know what they can do about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slysally wrote:
lizardbaby wrote:

Getting 57 specs/artifacts in one case is super nice, but the down side is that my other cards are damaged or misprinted. Blank Avak-Shar cards, torn cards and cards that have stuck together. soblue

Ouch! I got none of that so far.... Was that more than one pack?

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Slysally wrote:
lizardbaby wrote:

Ouch! I got none of that so far.... Was that more than one pack?

-Ski

4 packs out of 30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Decker
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miyu wrote:

I feel the same way. I have opened and sorted one of my archive cases so far, and I did not get a single artifact or specialization. I am a bit of a sad panda now. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Out of my 4 opened cases of packs, I've had 2 damaged cards - one really bad and one not much.

Blank Avek-Shar cards??? Must be "name-your-own-price" kind of thing? 8^)

My case #3 produced 14 artifacts and no specs. Case #4 produced 25 artifacts and 5 specs. LOTS of dupes on the artifacts though.

Overall, my rares have been heavily duped - I have 5+ copies of some of them. Considering a set size of about 550n cards, that's rough.

Once we get past the holidays and some last pack-openings, I'll get on the trading bandwagon.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Yee
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So finished opening my single case and yep, I got ZERO Artifacts and Specializations.

On the other hand I got a lot of Level 4 and 3 cards. Makes me wonder are there "basic" materials? Most of mine are like level 4 and provide bonuses if they're discarded to cast things.

Also what the heck is a Defensive Post? I have like 50 things that transmute it but no defensive post. :|

Finally, anyone have any transmutes that go on ally creations? I have like 10 allies and most can't do anything without transmutes. (The quote says something about showing you how to create life, but it's up to me to make it useful. )

Hmm... I should do a full inventory I think we all have trades in our future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyssa Eiraku
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's the level 2 Defensible Post http://www.becomemagi.com/arcanum/card/3007

And here's the level 3 version http://www.becomemagi.com/arcanum/card/3709

For Ally Transmutes:

Broaden Range - http://www.becomemagi.com/arcanum/card/3129

Dutiful Sacrifice - http://www.becomemagi.com/arcanum/card/3132

Fiery Core - http://www.becomemagi.com/arcanum/card/4023

Piercing Construct - http://www.becomemagi.com/arcanum/card/3130

Void Touch Augment - http://www.becomemagi.com/arcanum/card/4024

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Returning to this thread, is anyone still up for some trading? I opened my two cases, one had no Artifacts/Specs, the other had one in every pack, for a total of 25 artifacts and 5 specs. I do have a couple doubles of these I'd trade away.

So this morning I copied the checklist to my google drive and dutifully inputted all my cards. I can furnish the link if anyone would like- if you've done the same, someone made a 'trade calculator' sheet we can use to compare. Or I can just copy the cards I need/have extras of. Whatever works for you, really. I'm mostly looking to fill out the artifacts and specs I can, and get copies (preferably multiple) of the low-level cards I'm missing. I'd vaguely like to hang on to at least one each of my level 4s for completion's sake, but I have multiples of a bunch of them, and even the singles I'm really not attached to- like I said before, I'm probably not getting deep enough into the game to ever use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.