Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cristian Raut
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game for the first time and I must say the final battle seemed very one-sided.
I drew a bunch of cards without block, and the hero just damaged and killed me. As far as I understand my attacks do nothing to him (when taking damage does the hero have to discard from hand maybe?), I just have to survive, but in the Ravage deck I don't see many defensive cards.
She just played Crossbow Shot(4dmg) + Concentrate + Crushing Blow(6dmg)=dead, I had only one shield.
Anything wrong with how I played the battle?

Some other questions:
-when resting and removing Hopeless corruption card, does the hero have to still make 3 steps of travel or not (as the wording suggests that the event occured last turn)?

-when drawing a new Quest in the Event step(green flag in corner), if there was an Event Quest already does it get discarded or both remain(if so why there's only 1 flag token?)

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:

-when drawing a new Quest in the Event step(green flag in corner), if there was an Event Quest already does it get discarded or both remain(if so why there's only 1 flag token?)

The existing one gets discarded, hence only 1 flag token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak
United Kingdom
London
Much Hadham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the final battle as Sauron you just have to survive the battle. Your attacking cards dont matter. There are many defensive cards in the deck, including Concentrate, Parry and others. You just have to be lucky and draw them. Sometimes when you are out of defensive cards, its smart to just stop the battle so that the hero cant hurt you with cards like Ranged Strike and Execute. In your example the hero got lucky and drew 2 very good training cards. It wont always be that way.
When you remove Hopeless you are free to move as many steps as you like.
And when you pickup anew Event quest then the previous one gets discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
The fact that the hero had two training cards is unusually lucky. Did you remember to have the hero reshuffle all the of their cards from the rest pool, damage pool and most importantly their hand, and then draw cards equal to their fortitude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Raut
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She had Fortitude 7. Maybe she was lucky, I was just looking at a bunch of cards with 0 defense and all sorts of +attack, but had nothing to do with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.