Eamon Bloomfield
Germany
23569 Lübeck
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight we played a four player game. Another player was King and I was Queen at the start. First auction, I bid 1 and no-one outbid me.

Question: Am I thus the King and Queen at the same time? Or, as we played it, I am now King and the start player was Queen?

I know it is an odd situation but it could, and did, happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
loopoocat wrote:
Tonight we played a four player game. Another player was King and I was Queen at the start. First auction, I bid 1 and no-one outbid me.

Question: Am I thus the King and Queen at the same time? Or, as we played it, I am now King and the start player was Queen?

I know it is an odd situation but it could, and did, happen.
Queen?

The top two seats in the city council are Nobility and Church (or Adel und Kirche, if you're playing with a German group).

If only one player bids in the auction for Nobility and Church, only the Nobility position changes. With no 2nd-place finisher in the auction, the Church position does not change. Therefore, as you discovered, one player may be in both the Nobility and Church positions at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eamon Bloomfield
Germany
23569 Lübeck
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Queen? Did I say Queen?

Yes, I did! I am just in my 60's but senility is setting in far too early for my liking!

Thanks for the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lim Lex

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
mbmb
This solve my query ........ Tks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.