Subject: General Comment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Even though I am quite an avid gamer, I have somehow missed the collectible/customizable card game boat. Some people would call me lucky, others may say I've really missed out. Regardless, I did feel a little yearning to see what all the hype was about. When I heard about Mystick's philosophy of a PCG (premium card game), I knew this would be the game to alleviate my yearnings. For those who don't know, there are 4 different mystic decks. Each deck has exactly enough cards for 2 people to play. Also, there is no randomization; if you buy all four decks then you own 1 of every card, except for the major arcana, which you will have 4 of each. Finally, decks can be combined to form custom decks. Although the game can be played with five people, I have only played two-player games. Each game lasts between 10 and 30 minutes (about the same amount of time it would take to play Hera and Zeus). Also, like H&Z there are several paths to victory, which I find to be one of the strongest points to both games. Between the short length of time to play and the surprising deapth of strategy, I find this game a joy to play. It should definately appeal to fans of german style games. I *really* want this game to catch on, or at least the "PCG" format. I have no doubt CCG's have some clever mechanics that would be fun to play, but some of us just don't have the money or time to collect all the cards necessary for a viable game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.