Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas Picouet
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When does Tanis swap out onto the board?
The UA says before the Tanis player chooses an attack pair, so does that mean the opponent gets to see who Tanis swaps before choosing?

It's confusing because it doesnt say before "all players" choose, just before Tanis chooses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanis must choose which puppet she is possessing at the beginning of the beat, before attack pairs and antes are chosen by players. On a separate note, if you look at her Almighty ability in the rulebook, it says she can choose which puppet she is possessing during the ante phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plumpman wrote:
When does Tanis swap out onto the board?
The UA says before the Tanis player chooses an attack pair, so does that mean the opponent gets to see who Tanis swaps before choosing?

It's confusing because it doesnt say before "all players" choose, just before Tanis chooses.

Yes, it does state that she has to pick a puppet before setting her attack pair. That means a savvy opponent will wait for you to pick a puppet before setting his own attack pair (as Tanis just has to pick before SHE sets, not her opponent)

Anyway, this means that opponents get to see your puppet before they set attack pairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fuzzy Kitty
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Somewhat similar Tanis question. It's not mentioned in the rules, but I'm assuming that if the opponent is standing in a space with a puppet, that puppet cannot be possessed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
No need to assume. Tanis' UA states that she can only possess a puppet in an unoccupied space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FuzzyKitty wrote:
Somewhat similar Tanis question. It's not mentioned in the rules, but I'm assuming that if the opponent is standing in a space with a puppet, that puppet cannot be possessed?

It's as Phyr said and it is a very viable defensive position for Tanis' opponent to take. If you can step on one puppet and she possessed one of the other two that beat, you know which puppet she must possess, making it easier to plan your next attack pair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.