Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I take it that it is permissible to make deals/bribe other players during the course of the game?

And I take it deals can be made at any time, I cannot see anything in the rules to allow or disallow it or to give any timing. The only thing I have seen is in the learning game is that it cannot happen or caps can be passed between players.

so from this I take it that deals can be made including bribes.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
badge
gfbrobot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Any deals can be made, but all deals are nonbinding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Lamoureux
Canada
Natashquan
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. But only Caps can be exchanged and all deals are non binding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

"CAPs and Negotiations

Players are free to make any deals they wish during the game for whatever reason, and may freely exchange CAPs at any time (but only CAPs—other pieces may not change hands). All deals are non-binding." pg 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sokadr wrote:

"CAPs and Negotiations

Players are free to make any deals they wish during the game for whatever reason, and may freely exchange CAPs at any time (but only CAPs—other pieces may not change hands). All deals are non-binding." pg 6.

Doh!!

I read the setup on that page a couple of times then missed that small section completely!

Thanks for the replies :-) and have a good Festivus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
When we were working on the game, I recall Oliver saying he was very interested in deals taking place at the table. He encouraged people to pay others to attack someone instead of them or to give CAPS to people to support their operations against a hated foe.

This is why it surprises me a bit to see this "All deals are non-binding." clause in the rules. I think the intention was really that deals not be "ongoing", not "binding". You are bound, not in a mechanical sense, but in an ethical real world sense, to honor your agreements... it is just a game, I suppose. So if you extort money from someone, you can stab them in the back anyway. I'm just not so sure how that's going to work out in the long run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.