5 Posts

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics» Forums » Rules

Subject: A question about square rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michelangelo Carbonara
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Supposed that my infantry unit formed square and that bounce flag failed, what will happen in the following turns? Whenever the cavalry tries again to attack the unit in square the cavalry will attack with one die, but has the unit in square got the bounce flag opportunity still? Or is it just for the turn when the square is formed? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelangelo Carbonara
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, I found in the given example in the rules that the square infantry can roll 1 die EVERY TIME before the cavalry Attacks. But what happens everytime if the result is a cavalry icon or a sabers? Does the cavalry actually lose a block or the flag only is considered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy N
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pippo79 wrote:
But what happens everytime if the result is a cavalry icon or a sabers? Does the cavalry actually lose a block or the flag only is considered?

It would lose a block unless it is an infantry unit that doesn't hit on crossed swords like Militia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelangelo Carbonara
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember the very existence of cavalry close to Infantry would force them into, and keep them in square.

I think the mechanic works very well - Cavalry don't even have to combat to keep a unit in square. This seems to represent almost a skirmish as the Cavalry circle or probe for an opening rather than a full-on charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.