Wes Jones
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm looking for a card game or board game that incorporates current value of currency into the game. For example, card X would be worth the value of the Yen; card Y would be worth the value of the Euro, card Z would be worth the value of the USD.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why? That seems needlessly complex. I've never heard of such a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you were somewhere without any internet access, wouldn't it be unplayable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
wrjones05 wrote:
I'm looking for a card game or board game that incorporates current value of currency into the game. For example, card X would be worth the value of the Yen; card Y would be worth the value of the Euro, card Z would be worth the value of the USD.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

I've never encountered that, though I did design a game about trading currencies on the foreign exchange in which each currency has values relative only to other currencies, and those values are manipulated by player actions. As one might imagine, it's extremely nerdy and has almost no market appeal, and will likely end up being a Print N Play release sometime in 2014.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Jones
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you!

Didn't think of how extremely nerdy a game like that could be. Always good to ask!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United Kingdom
Epping
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it could work as an expansion to a silly game like Fluxx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Money!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.