Hide
14 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: What do you carry in your Kit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M G
msg tools
So my question is when you game do you carry every thing or just part of it? I have found if I carry everything you can't find anything. I have cut the majority of the duplicate items and never used stuff to stream line my kit. Down to only carrying enough bases for 8 small ships and 3 large ships. 10 of each token except shields, this may change for the new size battle formats but it just seems to make everything so much easier to get ready to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
I carry all the bases and such. I have the pilot bases colored by faction (red for rebels, black for imperial). I took out all the duplicate unique pilot cards, then have the rebel and imperial cards grouped together by ship. It all fits in a Battle Foam 432 pretty well, but I'm not sure what I'll do when Wave 4 eventually hits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reckless Fable
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One set of gameplay stuff, like templates and tokens.

I do carry pretty much everything for all of my ships since it all fits in my Plano 3700 series boxes.

edit: One set of each unique and all the generics are in binders. The duplicates for uniques are in their own binder and stay home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I carry only the ships, dials, bases, cards I plan on using that day.

Items always have in my kit include

1 set of core set movement templates
1 set of acrylic movement templates
1 acrylic FFG range ruler
1 Applied Perspectives range ruler
2 core set range rulers
1 core set range ruler cut into a 1 range and 2 range (incredibly useful)
2 Damage Decks
8 Attack dice
8 Defense dice
4 ship token load out tins (small tins that contain from core set 1 Crit token, 1 Stress, 1 target lock set, 1 focus token, 2 shield tokens)
10 acrylic shield tokens
10 acrylic focus tokens
5 acrylic target lock token sets
5 core set focus tokens
5 core set evade tokens
5 core set crit tokens
7 core set shield tokens
2 ion tokens
1 Droid token
1 EPT token
1 laser line
1 1000 Imperial Credits coin from Star Wars Monopoly for the coin toss
6 extra small pegs
6 extra large pegs
1 set of 6 Asteroid tokens
1 seismic charge token
rule book w/ inserts from large ships
hard copy of current tournament rules & FAQ
1 promo Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker card
1 promo Boba Fett/Han Solo card

Also carry a baking sheet as a tray for my squad to move locations with ease and a vinyl playmat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I carry my kit box with me, which has two base sets, and at least one of every other ship out there except for the shuttle because I don't care about the shuttle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hatfield
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I pretty much carry it all. Though I think I might take out duplicates of uniques and some templates and have those in storage to make it all easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Hamp
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides my ships and main game materials, I also carry a tube of superglue (just in case a TIE Fighter gets knocked to the floor or something), my laser range ruler for line of sight assistance, and some extra rubber bands to keep things tidy. I also make sure to have copies of the rules (including the medium ship rules) and latest FAQs and tournament rules, to manage questions that come up as quickly as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I carry all my stuff BUT:
duplicates of unique pilots, half of my shield tokens, half of my stress tokens, half of my ion tokens, duplicate target locks and duplicate ship numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I carry all my stuff and have a Base set box at home full of duplicate tokens and cards. I took some pics for another thread today, but they apply here:

The only thing not in the pictures is my small binder for the cards. I have 9 pocket card sleeves for pilots and business card size sleeves for mini cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything in a Plano soft storage bag. It's sort of a duffel bag that carries Plano plastic storage trays. It carries 4 3750 Plano trays and it had enough extra room for me to add a deep 3780 tray. So I have everything with room for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
what are people using for card binders? especially the smaller upgrade cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reckless Fable
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra Pro 4 Pocket Pro Binder
The pockets face inwards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a box that's about the size of a breifcase and has a handle on the side that will very nicely hold 2-3 lists worth of ships in their packaging, so I usually use that and just carry the lists I'm expecting to use that day. I put ID tokens in with the ships, and carry the dials and cards in a baggie inside - with my felt mat folded up they're not going anywhere.

Then I add 1 set of rocks, two damage decks, 2 sets of templates and a small, 3x6inch tackle box with all the tokens in it.

Of course, this is partly because I like to display my ships, and so anything I'm not actively using is sitting on my shelf being all pretty and awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
space monkey mafia wrote:
what are people using for card binders? especially the smaller upgrade cards?

business card holder sheets/portfolios work well enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.