7 Posts

Serpent's Tongue» Forums » General

Subject: 40 hour solo stories? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Brenycz
msg tools
mb
How good a game is this for solo play? The components certainly look cool. Am I understanding correctly that the 40 hour gm-less stories can be run solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher gabrielson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Yes! The core set includes a handful of Solo-able (or cooperative) encounters that scale to different difficulty difficulties. These Encounters will be supplemented by UnBound Games on a periodic basis as well as by the community when the Encounter Creation system is live.

But the First story-based campaign is finishing and the printed version will be here Q1 2014 (It will be available online first, however, for free.) It should be a pretty interesting system! We are keeping it in printed form, although I personally would prefer it as a voice acted app. But, for now, print. You can find some more details about this system at the bottom of this page:

http://www.becomemagi.com/cooperative-roleplaying/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my first solo experience last night and found it quite enjoyable. Highly recommended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat R
United States
Peculiar
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually played the first one in coop mode. Worked very well! I can't determine off one play how it will scale to more than two, but played great with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Do you want board games?...because that's how you get board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played most of the encounters Solo and Multiplayer. They do scale pretty well. Esoteric Counter Assault Squad always kicks my ass though. They are a tough one.

I've actually introduced a few people to the game through the encounters. Its a great way to get them used to the mechanics after you've played the tutorial.

I really can't wait for the Out of Eden Campaign though. That is going to be quite fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brenycz
msg tools
mb
Cool this is what I wanted to hear. Sounds like a lot of potential here. Thanks for the replies everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shockmoth wrote:
... although I personally would prefer it as a voice acted app. But, for now, print.

Major attention grabber, that. A voice acted app ... wow. That would be very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.